Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
Lucky13
Visitor

My phone will only charge from my laptop not from as direct power source could it be because I don't have service at the moment 

mty_kan
Visitor

Translation via Google Translate:

Can I remove the SwiftKey keyboard from the xz premium

Kardes Allah rızası için xz premium dan  SwiftKey klavyeyi kaldırabilelim.. 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Mtykanyou can't remove SwiftKey, but you can install another keyboard from Play Store.

stanlykubrick
Contributor

I was able to use ADB commands to uninstall Swiftkey for the 0 (zero) user. It is still there so that OTA updates come through but it registers under apps as not installed for this user. Better than just disabling it.

My biggest complaint...and it may make me move on to another OEM...is this most annoying "What's New" BLOATWARE APP!!!!

I want it gone...NOW!

Ridgway
Visitor

Hi, I've been a long time Sony user - since the old Sony Ericsson Walkman Days and have always loved my music. 

I've just ordered an Xperia XZ Premium but heard that the volume on the Loudspeaker is too low for playing media. Has this issue been rectified yet or should I cancel and change to Samsung?

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Ridgway

I didn't even encounter this issue, maybe because it's a relative experience, and what's quiet for some people can be loud for others.

Hoihoialex
Visitor

I am xz premium user. After upgraded android oreo and I was find a issue about mobile data. When I using LTE data usually. And data will disconnect around 1-2minutes sometimes, (but the status bar was show me normally) then it will reconnect after 1-2minutes. Anyone can tell me what happen of my phone? Thanks you! 

P.s. it just happen in android 8.0

Triniunispy
Visitor

I can't hear the person on the other side of video calls even though they hear me just fine. This is when using Facebook and what's app video call. How do I fix it

Criznout
Visitor

@Triniunispy wrote:

I can't hear the person on the other side of video calls even though they hear me just fine. This is when using Facebook and what's app video call. How do I fix it

Try going into settings----->apps and notifications - - - - - >permissions - - - - - > microphone and make sure each of these apps has the toggle switched to on.

Should fix your problem. 

Wch1
Visitor

Agree, the volume level is an absolute farce. Complete joke. Then you get these nanny state warnings about loud noise damaging your hearing. I love the comments on here saying oh maybe its you. Its not you. The volume level on this phone is far from premium, its a joke. Extremely disappointing. I dont even listen to music, I listen to talk radio most of the time and around traffic or loud places, you can hear it!!!! Premium, my backside