Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
Wch1
Visitor

Sorry but do you have bionic hearing? Objectively the lack of volume is a common experience and commented on by many people. Volume is a problem, unless you have the hearing of a super human with a bionic ear.

angrymanhands
Visitor

New here. Sorry if this has been covered, but how does the dual SIM work? I am coming from a OnePlus 5 and the dual SIM worked flawlessly with T-Mobile as my primary and AT&T as my secondary sim. Will the XZP function in the same way? 

I know a lot of dual SIM phones secondary sim falls back to 2g, but AT&T no longer supports 2G. What does the second sim support in the XPZ. 

Thank you 

eugeneTeh
Visitor

Hi , when will we get  Oreo for 45.0.A.7.137  G8142 ?

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@eugeneTeh Android Oreo for XZP has already rolled out some time ago, but the availability of the update depends on your carrier and region.

profile.country.GB.title
gordale47
Explorer

Just received new XZ Premium and used video.... Result is probably the worst playback I have seen in any phone I have had.... Freezing several times during a 30 second playback.... Anyone any clues please?

Tags (1)
Daruma69
Visitor

Ya hey, Hello guys. I'm z5 user and wanna upgrade my phone to xz premium. I've been research some fact about this phone and now read sone questions in this forum. Actually I've been a Lil disappointed with sony's decision for removing small app, in built screen recorder, and worse, double tap to wake up. Sounds simple and not really useful right? Well it's not. So my question is, why they removed it? Especially with small app and screen recorder.  I use it often and it helps me better than split screen or so. I already read a question about double tap to wake up so I already understand. But still it's kind of a 'ridiculous' decision to remove it. Hope the developer read my thread and considering about small apps and screen recorder. Until those feature back, I won't upgrade my phone or move to iPhone or Samsung (which I don't really like it actually).

Thanks. 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Daruma69 I don't think Small Apps or screen recorder are going to come back. for recording your screen, you could try some apps from Play Store. I find that this one is working really well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kimcy929.screenrecorder

Daruma69
Visitor

Thanks dude, but I don't like third party app Slightly_smiling_Face so no for me. I guess it's clear now. I can make my decision, that I'm not using aony phone again. For a long time I'm using it from Sony ericcson until this new Xperia, Sony never disappointed me. But now. It's enough. Nothing better than any other phone in the market. Gonna buy another smartphone. It hurts because I like Xperia. But with those features won't come back. I'd need to find an alternative. 

Thanks! 

Gees
Visitor

XZ PREMIUM  Sony is trying to make me hate phones,,  so many useless features,  i really don't give A 💩 what's running in the background,  only that i can shut it all down when i need it to be,,  So much useless information & we in Australia 🇦🇺 have 100mbps that's it, so maybe SONY can help them speed up their data flow, Swear My Z2 was better..

Notifications Are Not Welcome Almost Always only if they were important,,   Maybe Sony can Add new Settings to easily control Notifications better!!! 

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@Gees

If you're talking about the "apps working in background" notification, this is an added "feature" of Android Oreo by Google and will be found on any phone operated by Oreo, even Pixel phones. Google is going to fix this in the 8.1 update.