Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
xdk029
Visitor

@Gees: and you are able to disable those notifications whenever you want. Just search in the settings.

Frying1
Visitor

Hi, new XZ Premium user here.

My XZ Premium arrived with Quick Charger. 

However, I have read that it may significantly reduce the battery life after being used for several months. My question is - what non-quick charger parameters would you recommend me to buy? Typical chinese 5V2A charger with USB Type-C cable would be OK?

Thanks,

Frying

stanlykubrick
Contributor

There is quite a debate on the use of Quick Chargers and battery longevity. Certainly you can use nearly any charger that you have lying around...quick or otherwise...and they both will work. If you charge overnight then a quick charger is not needed. Will quick charging make the battery not last as long??? Who really knows? Who keeps a phone long enough and carefully calculates the issue unless you have two equal phones and only use quick charge on one and slow charge on the other to compare them side-by-side???

Personally, I have never had a battery die on me before voluntarily replacing the phone. So how long do you plan to keep the phone? If only for a year or so then either method will be fine. The issue isn't so much the speed at which you charge, but the amount of heat you generate when charging. Too much heat can be bad for any battery. YMMV

Frying1
Visitor

Thanks for answering.

I would like to have my XZ Premium for 3+ years, hence my concern.

I became a bit worried after seeing this thread: /t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Xperia-XZ-Premium-Quick-Charge-4-0/td-p/1229572

which resulted in my own question about battery life.

Apparently, this guy has significantly lowered the capacity of his battery.

TanyaVdegurecha
Visitor

Can we use a usb-c to 35mm jack to connect to an earphone, headphone...etc? It seems that someone on the forum can get it to work, but they are using a typce-c + DAC + 35 jack adapter... Can we ouput audio on purely just a usb-c to 35mm jack dongle? I have tried and it doesnt detect. Or there are some settings that i am missing?

stanlykubrick
Contributor

My guess is that since this phone comes with a headphone jack that the alteration needed to make it work as if it didn't have one is not implemented on this phone...no need.

Trongtien
Visitor

I am using the Sony Xperia XZ premium I have a problem with the camera when shooting video shooting at night as after the night shots will appear light spots due to the reflection of the light from the car in the road in Please note that this is a bug and how to fix it (I have not used Sony Xperia m5 yet).

Mình đang xài Sony Xperia XZ premium mình gặp vấn đề về camera của máy khi quay phim chụp hình vào ban đêm như sau khi chụp hình ban đêm sẽ xuất hiện những đốm sáng do sự phản chiếu của các anh sáng từ đèn xe đi đường trong bức ảnh hoặc clip xin hỏi vậy có phải là lỗi không và lỗi thì khắc phục như thế nào (mình xài Sony Xperia m5 không bị) cám ơn vì đã nhiều.

@Trongtien

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post. 

Ish2
Visitor

Q: So I made the oreo update and my phone has been crashing, and now when I turn my phone it says it's corrupted. Saying the phone is corrupted and can't be trusted. However the phone works fine aside from the hard crashes. I even did a factory reset but that didn't seem to clear that screen when turning on my phone. Any suggestions? 

profile.country.SE.title
niholmg
New

I would like to know this too, I have tried, but I don't think its working. But can Sony answer this, is it possible to retrive analog audio out from the USB-C connector?

TanyaVdegurecha
Visitor

Do xz premium (on Oreo 8.0) support audio output through usb-c port supported? I m trying a usb-c to 35mm jack adapter to connect to a headphone. I have gone through the developer option and select USB configuration to Audio Source, but still no detection of my headphone.