Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
Parklife54
Visitor

Bought my XZ Premium last year and the loudspeaker hasn't worked on phone calls from day 1 but its works fine for music and videos etc.

Never use it so i haven't  gotten around to really sorting it but the shop suggested i try a factory reset before they send it away if I want.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so is it easily fixed or something that needs a more expert hand? 

Tags (1)
KapilBusawah
Visitor

I've had a similar issue where call audio wouldn't work. Somehow or another this ended up being a precursor for the worse. Eventually all my audio outputs wouldn't work. I tried testing it through the internal speakers, through the 3.5mm jack, through bluetooth and had no prevail. I factory reset it myself and it still didn't work even though every other function was fine. 

So just be wary. Yours might just be a temporary glitch or bug or it might be a sign of something worse to come. In any case, back up all essential data. Use the Xperia Companion app, do the reset. If the problem persists send it in and get your new device before your warranty expires. 

MatthewHRZ
Visitor

sony xperia xz premium update 47.1.a.12.119 usb can not connect!!!

MatthewHRZ
Visitor

Sony Companion doesn't recognize it (it is shutt off of course).

The_Minidude
Visitor

How do I get clear pictures (There is no way this is a 19MP camera, more like a 1.0MP)??

How do I get video to start recoding immediately and not after 10 seconds. Missing events.

I have all the updates available. 

KapilBusawah
Visitor

It is a 19mp shooter. First step to getting better pictures with anything is to understand manual mode. 

To get clearer images use the lowest ISO value possible. In this case use ISO 50. ISO is the camera's ability to be sensitive to light, the higher the sensitivity the more noise and grain and hence less clarity. Then use an appropriate shutter speed (ss) for your situation. Ideally you'd be in daylight so your ss isn't too long. If you're not in bright conditions you'd use a longer shutter speed so stay still if you want that perfect clear shot. One thing to bear in mind with "wide angle lens" like on the XZPREMIUM is that all the detail will be where you focus and the further objects are from focus point the less sharp they are even though they're in the same plane. I've taken a few high quality shots with my phone by understanding it's not a perfect camera and knowing which situation is appropriate for its weaknesses and strengths.

Second. Have you not known about the dedicated camera button? Just hold it, swipe and tap the red button to record. I usually always have my camera in the background so it takes me around 4 seconds to start a video and less to take a quick snap because Ive set my default settings to automatically take a photo  when I hold the button. 

ViktorijaKra
Visitor

After resent software update the device changes lockscreen cover itself to default every night. Fine during the day but every morning I wake up with different lockscreen. Other wallpaper stay the same 

NairS
Visitor

Calls dropping of late but does not disconnect for another 1 minute or so.

Been happening often now. Does anyone facing similar issues. I have xz premium 8 months old.

Suresh Nair

iamsriniwaas
Visitor

I am a huge fan of Sony phones with Android. But lately I am much frustated with the duration of the software updates Androids receive and almost bought an Apple iPhone as they support each and every model for 4-5 years with the software updates. But at the last moment I have seen that Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 is release with Linux Kernel 4.4 which is on a Long Term Support till 2022 and anounced Project Treble along side with it so that atleast the Top of the line phones receive support for 3-5 years. This changed my decision of buying iPhone and I brought Sony Xperia XZ Premium which is an awesome phone in many ways. So it would be really nice to see that Project Treble is implemented in future updates which would allow Sony to provide contineous updates for the next 3+ years. XZ Premium is the first phone to receive 8.0 update. 

Take a look at this page where a number phones are updated to 8.0 which also will support Project Treble - https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/26/phones-updated-support-project-treble-continuously-updated/

PS: Please Kudo this if you like the comment and that Sony can hear us.

KapilBusawah
Visitor

Yeah I know. It that XZPREMIUM isn't on the supported list even though its hardware can be supported for another 4 years. I own the XZPREMIUM and think whatever they put into the XZ1 or XZ2 they could put into the XZPREMIUM.

However, I do notice that SONY is the second fastest mainstream company when it comes to updates apart from Google, for obvious reasons.