Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
MrIntelligent
Visitor

Hi

Got a Sony Xperia XZ Premium three months ago. My phone service keeps fluctuating from no service bars, to 3, sometimes 4, and back to none. Pretty much all day. Have put in a sim ot another service provider and same issue. Speed test sometimes only shows up 1Mbps download or less...sometimes 18Mbps. Same location. Does this phone have a weak antenna? Anyone have this issue or a solution? 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

@MrIntelligent wrote:

Hi

Got a Sony Xperia XZ Premium three months ago. My phone service keeps fluctuating from no service bars, to 3, sometimes 4, and back to none. Pretty much all day. Have put in a sim ot another service provider and same issue. Speed test sometimes only shows up 1Mbps download or less...sometimes 18Mbps. Same location. Does this phone have a weak antenna? Anyone have this issue or a solution? 

That is quite odd, 

The xz premium has multiple antennas built for as much speed as possible.

Does it act this way in all locations?

Are you using a case or bumper?

MrIntelligent
Visitor

Thanks for the reply Viridis. Acts like this in multiple locations.

I am using a vinyl case that covers the back of the phone. Also have this plastic sheet screen protector on the front. 

MrIntelligent
Visitor

I don't believe it fluctuates to no bars when I am in the centre of the city of Sydney. Elsewhere it seems to fluctuate, while someone next to me might have an iPhone or Samsung on the same provider with a stable signal. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Have you installed all available updates?

From my own experience the xzp signal has been very good and constant, so this has me stumped.

I would, if I were in this situation possibly look at performing a backup using Xperia Companion and then a software repair using Xperia Companion just to clean out any bad settings or files that may or may not be messing with signal.

MrIntelligent
Visitor

Ok I will give that a try. So not a hard reset, just software repair.

I believe I have all software updates yes. 

MrIntelligent
Visitor

I guess here is an interesting thread of people with similar issues with different service providers. Not all have XZ Premium, though similar problem. 

/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/weak-network-signal/td-p/990756

redba71
Visitor

why do not security patches come for Israel?

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@redba71

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Updates availability depends on a specific characteristic of your device called "customization version". You can check this version by dialing the code *#*#7378423#*#* the tap on "Software info", then check what's the latest update released for your customization version on Xpericheck.com

Vanik777
Visitor

After 6-7 hours of operation wifi does not work. Do something already. Work on this. Almost all XZ premium devices have this problem! We do not have to restart the phone every day to wifi, bluetooth, nfs and so on.