Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
Bella8
Visitor

My xz premium is very new, after 5 days of use, the display colour changes, has vertical lines, light shadows, uneven colour of display and loses its original colour. Please... I'm already frustrated, I need help how to fix it. 

mahesh911
Contributor

@Bella8 wrote:

My xz premium is very new, after 5 days of use, the display colour changes, has vertical lines, light shadows, uneven colour of display and loses its original colour. Please... I'm already frustrated, I need help how to fix it. 

Sorry to hear u have display issues on a very new phone. Based on your description,it looks like display panel damage..  Any particular reason for the damage? Like is there recently any screen guard or tempered glass application or use of tight hard back case cover?

Think your phone is still in warranty, contact local Sony authorised service centre  

In the meantime you can try turning off phone for some time and also try colour inversion and colour correction accessibility settings to see default colour restores or not..

Felizku
Visitor

Hi my phone got very hot just now and it even got a warning message so I immediately stopped everything I do and let the phone rest. However, after start the phone back, the screen no longer shows true black, but a light grey instead. Any idea what happened? Will it be repaired itself or is the screen detroyed?

mahesh911
Contributor

@Felizku wrote:

Hi my phone got very hot just now and it even got a warning message so I immediately stopped everything I do and let the phone rest. However, after start the phone back, the screen no longer shows true black, but a light grey instead. Any idea what happened? Will it be repaired itself or is the screen detroyed?

Not sure about it... Did the phone turned on and display working? It's better u keep it off until fully cooled down. If u use back cover , u should remove it when the phone got hot. 

Light gray might be the indication of display panel LCD liquid damage. Keep the phone off for some more time and try turning on.. if display damage is quite visible ,then you have to contact Sony authorised service centre to check the device totally.  

Hope your phone recovers ...

Ismo
Visitor

Good evening, I have a phone sony xperia az primium.

But the problem that I have 28.87G free on 32G in total but and the device tells me that I have an insufficient stogage

What to do?

Bonsoir,j'ai un phone sony xperia az primium.

Mais le problème que j'ai 28,87G libres sur 32G au total mais et l'apareil me dit que j'ai un stogage inssuffisant

Quo faire?

@Ismo 

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Ismo
Visitor

Bon excuse moi de l'erreur car je ne savais pas que ce forum est uniquement en anglais.

Je suis debutant en anglais et je preferts apprendre l'anglais sans logiciel de traduction.

Et je suis tombé sur ce forum parce que j'ai un problème avec mon phone mais malheuresement le forum ne m'a apporté aucune solution.

Merci je quitte avec un coeur lourd.

Good excuse me for the mistake because I did not know that this forum is only in English.

I am a beginner in English and I prefer to learn English without translation software.

And I came across this forum because I have a problem with my phone but unfortunately the forum did not bring me any solution.

Thank you I leave with a heavy heart.

gt

Bon excuse moi de l'erreur car je ne savais pas que ce forum est uniquement en anglais.

Je suis debutant en anglais et je preferts apprendre l'anglais sans logiciel de traduction.

Et je suis tombé sur ce forum parce que j'ai un problème avec mon phone mais malheuresement le forum ne m'a apporté aucune solution.

Merci je quitte avec un coeur lourd.

@Ismo 

This is a global user based forum, that's why post must be in English, you can use google translate or practice your English. 

Sp12er
Visitor

Hi, I have a NOS Xperia XZ Premium coming and had been hearing stuffs about Pie's poor implementation, so am wondering, how is it now after a couple months off the fresh release back in late 2018?

Is the bug still persist? (like Amazon prime not being able to do 4K), no night light, etc.

Is its still not recommended, will I be able to update the phone to just Oreo 8.0 or 8.1 or soemthing and abate 9.0 problems?

Is Sony still intend to update the XZP to Android Q? 

mahesh911
Contributor

@Sp12er wrote:

Hi, I have a NOS Xperia XZ Premium coming and had been hearing stuffs about Pie's poor implementation, so am wondering, how is it now after a couple months off the fresh release back in late 2018?

Is the bug still persist? (like Amazon prime not being able to do 4K), no night light, etc.

Is its still not recommended, will I be able to update the phone to just Oreo 8.0 or 8.1 or soemthing and abate 9.0 problems?

Is Sony still intend to update the XZP to Android Q? 

Apart from some users experiencing hardware problems and some having issues with pie update, there isnt much wrong with the device... WiFi has little bit issue but a restart fixes it.. . No auto night light, u should turn on warm night light display manually.. And after some months iam glad Amazon prime 4K is now back and working... I can confirm 4K uhd is now shown in prime.. cudnt test Netflix....it will be helpful if someone can test Netflix to see their 4k is working with XZ Premium... There is some features removed when compared to Oreo but phone still runs beautifully.. 4x4 mimo gives more than 50mbps 4G LTE speed iam getting..near to the tower. Camera doing good job but has to use manual to get perfect shot..than auto mode ..  looking at lot of complaint posts in xz Premium forum, wat I say is u shud give extra care to the phone to last..  

Hope for Android Q is dimming down.. it's still early to make an announcement of android Q support.. hopefully Sony will post the news abt devices getting Q.. and I hope Sony recognise xz premium, xz1 to be included in their android Q update list atleast in 2020. 

Sp12er
Visitor

So what you mean is... It's fine if I went and update the phone fully to Pie? Can I just update it once from Nougat to Oeroa and stay at 8.1 or something?

What I mostly want from Oero is LDAC AND aptX-HD support, Pie, maybe the landscape lock, but otherwise, I've mostly been disappointed with Pie on my old phone.

Is there any good reason to upgrade from Oreo to Pie for the XZP? 

mahesh911
Contributor

@Sp12er wrote:

So what you mean is... It's fine if I went and update the phone fully to Pie? Can I just update it once from Nougat to Oeroa and stay at 8.1 or something?

What I mostly want from Oero is LDAC AND aptX-HD support, Pie, maybe the landscape lock, but otherwise, I've mostly been disappointed with Pie on my old phone.

Is there any good reason to upgrade from Oreo to Pie for the XZP? 

Eh that depends... If you are completely comfortable with Oreo , then it's fine to stay with Oreo.. only thing is u won't be updated to the latest security patch... There is some serious vulnerability patched up after February security patch. And I think Ldac, aptx hd is there in pie too but Bluetooth connection not as strong as before . WiFi too I had connectivity issue which is often fixed by modem restart or reset. There was no problem with previous modem but new modem I had it. It doesn't occur everytime, so can't completely pinpoint wer the actual issue is.. but whatever happens a restart solves it.. I restart the phone every 3 or 4 days so it's covered up.. talking about Bluetooth there is users with issues.. but I use to connect sbh24 headset and swr10 smartband.. changing avcrp version in developer settings improved connectivity problems.. so I can now listen music without interruption.. 

Well it's ok to update to pie..but Oreo was perfect I guess than pie.. That doesn't mean pie update is bad.. this phone is my daily driver.. everyday morning going to office I say ok Google iam leaving..then Google assistant turns on bluetooth which connects sbh24 and swr10 and WiFi turned off according to routines I set.. , then 4G LTE time till office and in evening another Google assistant routine to turn WiFi on, Bluetooth off ...etc... Doing everything as normal.. daily photos and videos backed up in Google photos, and no issues for me with album apps or video apps.. Recently iam happy to see Amazon prime 4K UHD is now working which it didn't work for last 5 months. .. 

At what firmware your phone is running now? U can manually put Oreo firmware which is I never seen any complaints or issues generally from any users . All the **bleep** of complaints rained after pie update if u take a look in the forums . In pie one feature I like is the screen rotation button on navigation bar.. rest as usual..  .u can even test pie to see everything works for u and if not fine u can go back to Oreo.. 

Just all these moving firmware back and forth shud be done very carefully.. better stay in one firmware is without disturbing... If its Oreo it's fine.. If Ur phone is running nougat, guess I am not sure whether auto update service update to Oreo first before moving to pie. If it shows Oreo then u can update and stop .. 

Ur call..