Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
FragmentVision
Visitor

Try factory reset. Or wait for the new andoid 9 update to see if it will be there and if you are fron US then you are screwed because its dissabled there.

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @Great11;

Try going to Settings >Apps and notifications >App info>top right 3 dots >show system >go to FingerprintExtensionService and Fingerprints ASM and clear the apps cache and data, restart phone and try again.

Drone251
Visitor

Hey ! I just received my pie update on xz premium. Was kinda sad that Sony didn't include the night light (blue light  filter) and an ability to use a new pie navigation gesture. Are there any plans to include those in the future ? 

P.s. I've noticed some little bugs: 

1)  Facebook now acts like it's run on Windows 95. Laggy when opening comments section. 

2) sometimes when apps are loaded there is an outer circle left on the home button (don't know if it's on purpose). 

sim_media
Visitor

After updating to Android 9.0, my media apps (Sony's Album  Music and Videos apps) don't display my media files immediately after a reboot. It takes some time for the files in the internal memory to appear and even more time for the files in the SD card to appear. It also sets my play queue on the Music app to include just files from the internal memory when the most recently played is a file from the SD card.

Is there any way to fix this? 

profile.country.RU.title
Dilonik
Explorer

Здравствуйте. Объясните пожалуйста, почему после по, мой Sony xperia xz premium, перестал работать с наушниками от Sony по кабелю джек? (брал для ps4 pro, plutinum) До обновы телефона по, все работало, а теперь пишет, что устройство не поддерживается! В чем дело? 

Hello. Please explain why after, my Sony xperia xz premium, stopped working with headphones from Sony on the cable jack? (I took for ps4 pro, plutinum) Before the phone was updated, everything worked, and now it says that the device is not supported! What's the matter?

gt

Hadi38
Visitor

Heyyy 

Xz premium recently get the android pie isn't? but I'm still dosen't get any notification for update, i check my rom and it's for MENA area 

i guess Developers forgot to send update for MENA rom lol 

Anyone know when i get the pie i really want it :'(

Tags (1)
profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@Hadi38;

You can check on Xpericheck.com when your updates are released. 

Hadi38
Visitor

Screenshot_20181125-171148.png

Average update time? This mean i get it after 30 days? @nunoSEN2

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@Hadi38;

No; I think that is the average time between updates.

No one knows exactly when an update is going to be released but Sony.

Fishing
Visitor

Volume has gone low when people ring