Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
HermesHidayat
Visitor

What do you mean by doesnt play HD and FHD?

Mahsa97
Visitor

It plays HD & FULL HD movies with pause. It is like breaking a second in two pieces. 

It doesnt play the film continuously 🙁

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Mahsa97 what kind of videos are those? online on Youtube or another websites, or offline? recorded with the XZ Premium or downloaded from somewhere? do they play back fine on other devices?

Mahsa97
Visitor

I just transferred movies from my laptop which I had downloaded a few month ago and yes It plays well on other devices even old version devices. I am a little upset because not playing 720p and 1080p movies on this spectacular phone is just unbelievable🤦‍♀️

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Mahsa97 do you get any kind of error when trying to play the video on the phone?

Mahsa97
Visitor

No errors funny! 

BTW I should say that those high quality videos that doesn't play well from sony 's album and video app it plays quite fine with other apps for instance KM player

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Mahsa97 so what exactly happens when you're trying to open the files in Sony Album?

also, what's the extension of the files you're trying to open?

Mentobi
Visitor

The G8141 On US/EU firmware gets their Monthly updates at the beginning of the month. G8142 on US firmware also get their monthly security updates at the beginning of the month 

Why does it take so much longer for G8142 on EU firmware to get their updates?  It is now September 21st, and still have not received mine. 

Does Sony have a "release schedule" for the G8142 on EU Firmware? even if it's like "3rd week of the month" type of schedule. or the day of a week it comes out? 

Mahsa97
Visitor

So you mean you have the same problem? 

My phone is G8142 and as you said I shall wait to download the monthly update? 

Is that what you believe that fixes all? 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Mentobi I don't know if there's a strict schedule, but software updates are being rolled out gradually. some regions receive it sooner than others, and same goes for carrier-customized firmware. for example, the Italian firmware version received the latest update on the beginning of previous week, while my XZP running Nordic firmware got the update 2 days ago.