Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
zdema38
Visitor

Dobrý den.Kde najdu v Xperia XZ Premium rozlišení obrazovky. DĚKUJI. 

Hello. Where can I find the Xperia XZ Premium screen resolution. THANK YOU.

GT

Emir1
Hero

Hi @zdema38! The screen resolution is specified in the white paper on page 6:
https://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/g8141/whitepaper_EN_G8141_4.pdf

Quote:

Resolution
4K 2160 x 3840 pixels

Let me know if that answers your quesiton! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

This post has been moved to a more relevant topic. You can find the new location by clicking the link located above.
Dahuette
Visitor

Hi all,

I recently bought a xperia xz premium. It have some trouble  when I returned to an app. It is like sensitive area is translated one inch above the correct position. I have android 8.0.0. Nobody encountered this kind of problem?

Regards, 

saved-j
Visitor

Been using Xperia V, Z5 Premium Dual Pink, XZ Silver. Now I'm going to buy this phone, but still really I'm unsure about my choice being right. 

Just installing good hardware into the phone in 2018 won't do a thing! People who want hardware, will go get a Xiaomi phone, and it'll cost them way less.

Especially if it's so hard to get the most of it with the proper software. IMX400, right?

Come on, where are all the features we liked Sony for? Double tap to wake, out-of-box screen recording, mini apps... Where are the features everyone expects Sony to implement? RAW format support. Better software algorithms for camera. Come on, with the biggest and the best sensor Sony results, after all, in worst pics in auto mode.

Come on, it's cool that we get to be the first to experience Oreo, but what good is it if it lacks the features we all long for???

Aeternvm
Visitor

I use my phones mainly for calls, emails and some youtube, browsing. 

My question is:

Should I buy the XZ Premium or buy an XA2 and an L2 (for the same price) 

I mean, will the phone behave nice after 1 year? 2 if you add when was launched.

Thank you. 

Tags (3)
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Aeternvm the XZ Premium has got a more powerful processor and more RAM than XA and L line, so it's much more likely to still be a capable phone after a year or two than midrange phones. 

Aeternvm
Visitor

Thank you, I will wait until the XA2 and L2 launch in Europe. Indeed it is more likely to hold for a while. 

Hope the XZ Premium drops a bit in EU, if so I will buy one.

Best regards! 

FragmentVision
Visitor

If i get my XZP  damaged underwanter when taking pictures/videos or slow mo will the waranty cover it?

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@FragmentVisionfrom the XZ Premium page (https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz-premium/design/😞

"Xperia™ XZ Premium is water resistant and protected against dust, so don’t worry if you get caught in the rain or want to wash off dirt under a tap water, but remember all ports and attached covers should be firmly closed. You should not put the device completely underwater; or expose it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or liquids such as drinks. Abuse and improper use of device will invalidate warranty."