Join now - be part of our community!

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Emir1
Hero

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey everyone! The purpose of this thread is to ask anything that you wish to know about the XZ Premium; other users owning an Xperia XZ Premium and forum staff will do our best to reply! Slightly_smiling_Face 

As an example, prior to purchasing an Xperia XZ Premium you may be wondering if someone has tried out a specific third party app or feature on their XZ Premium, and could tell you a bit more about the compatibility and functionality as the app may important in your daily life. Staff and other users can come in and reply and let you know how it works!

The goal of this thread is to help each other out as a community. We will try to moderate this thread so that any new threads with a fitting question will instead be moved here, while we of course keep support threads the way they are now. 

NOTE:
Support related questions, such as raising concerns and troubleshooting are best suited in a different thread. Please try to see if there is a thread regarding your concern, and if not, feel free to create one! Slightly_smiling_Face

501 REPLIES 501
Zoria
Visitor

Hi and Hello,

2 quick questions connected with the camera app:

1)The first thing is, when taking pictures in inteligent auto mode - there are some situations when the algorytms that are writing jpeg file to memory and transforming the file - are doing some corrections to people faces simillar to that you could have in beautiful mode at other phones. Come, on, not everyone wants to have that preety faces. There is no possibility, that i have seen in options, to turn that thing off, and i think that it would be nice to have a choice here. What would you say? Have anyone also noticed that *beautiful mode* corrections ?

2)The second thing is connected with manual mode. Then turining focus point to a macro shot, when the dot is at the position of the closest focus point you still have... a disadvantage over the inteligent auto mode in terms of distance at which you are focusing. Something's not right. I've tried this on many occasions and the result is always the same. Auto mode could take you little bit closer. And still have anyone noticed that also, or have i missed sth here?

I believe i have latest updates on a phone.

Have a good day

admad
Visitor

Hello,

1) I didn't know about that, are you sure it's correcting people faces?

2) Wow you are right. Indeed in manual mode I can't get proper focus when in auto it's possible. Sony camera UI is pretty bad indeed. Which is weird because they have camera division, it's not like they have no experience in this. It's like they intentionally limit camera in the phone...

Zoria
Visitor

1) Well, i am not absolutely sure that it corrects people faces intentionally, and only people faces. I've done a little research again. I've got a few strange pictures with strange patterns seen when zoomed in, that were made in good lingtning conditions with low iso (=40, exposure=250) in superior auto mode. You have to zoom a little bit, and voila you' ve got it right before your eyes. As i see it, it often gives you patterns like moire that impact details like changes of tone of a skin on a face, or a wall of a building with its patterns. Could be something with shaking of my hand when taking pictures, strange although that it happens so often in exporsure >=250. My 3 year old phone was often taking better pictures in good light.

2)I vote for the option that this is an error, not sth done intentionally.

Iyadadham
Visitor

My phone always jam. Please what to do 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Iyadadham wrote:

My phone always jam. Please what to do 

what do you mean?

idris
Visitor

in my XZ premium 1st - camera is getting too darker in super slow motion mode 2nd- predictive mode in camera is not working 3rd- timeshift burst application is not working. It seems installed in playstore although it is not installed among my applications in phone what are the solutions of these problems? will be any update to fix? what can I do to fix?
profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@idris wrote:
in my XZ premium 1st - camera is getting too darker in super slow motion mode 2nd- predictive mode in camera is not working 3rd- timeshift burst application is not working. It seems installed in playstore although it is not installed among my applications in phone what are the solutions of these problems? will be any update to fix? what can I do to fix?

1. there's nothing that can be done about it. super slow motion requires really good lighting because of the fast shutter speed required to take such high fps footage. sunlight is your best bet. you're going to notice the same thing when you switch to manual photo mode and set the fastest shutter speed.

2. predictive capture only works when the camera detects significant movement. make sure that predictive capture is switched on in camera settings, then try to take a picture of a moving object. then when you go to album you should see a photo marked with an icon indicating that predictive capture had been used.

3. no idea about that one, I'm afraid. I've never used Tineshift Burst and I indeed can't find any option anywhere, even though it shows up as installed in Play Store, just as you said.

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

It could be that the predictive capture uses the timeshift burst program to take the shots, 

I imagine it's modified to take 4 full res images instead of 24 low res ones, I'll see what I can find out about it though. 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

oh yeah, that makes sense.

nitefox101
Visitor

Is VR a Taboo when speaking about the XZ Premium? I'd expect way more fuss than that on the internet for a rare phone with a 4K display...

Can someone with VR experience with the XZ premium clarify these questions? Thanks a lot!!!

1. What is the best VR headset you would recommend for the XZ Premium?

2. Is the LCS screen as a bummer as rumors say it is, and that amoled is better for VR? Or is it an irrelevant issue?

3. Can you play 3D 360 4K Movies on the XZ premium and do they render at 4K? And if you can, which Applications do you use to play the movies mentionned above in 4K?

4. About watching "Non 360" normal movies: I heard that most VR apps do not support 4K. Bu do they render 4K Content at their native resolution? (What I mean is that let say that I want to watch Marvel's "Civil War" in 4K 3D on an app like the netflix app (netflix is just an example, it can be any other cardboard app). Will I watch it in 4K even though the app is 2K, or will the app downscale the movie as well? And which App would you recommend to watch non 360 movies on the XZ.

5. About Games. I do not care much about VR games, but I am sure most do. Is there a decent VR Game library for the XZ? And how well is the XZ premium doing with Cardboard Apps and Games? Is it where the Display being LCD falls short?

6. Are youtube 4K 3D 360 videos rendered natively with the XZ  premium and will I be able to watch these if I find a Correct Headset?

Thank's again for answering these questions, it will definitevely help me to decide if I should by this phone or not!