Join now - be part of our community!

Screen unlocks without a security measure

Jinjoy
Visitor

Screen unlocks without a security measure

Hi,

Don't know if it's a planned feature or an issue, but I could not found an option in my XZ phone to ask for pattern/fingerprint/pin on each screen unlocking. I have disabled smart lock. There is finger recognition on and a pattern. Also, a tag with "Always lock after power button" is on. But anyway, when I turn on the screen, there is a possibility to just swipe left and screen is unlocked. I'd like to always draw pattern/use fingerprint to make my phone unlocked...

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Have you added a location, perhaps your house that won't require the password/pattern/pin ?

Jinjoy
Visitor

Nope, did not add any locations. And this happens also outside usual locations..
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Test it in safe mode

Jinjoy
Visitor

Yeap, the same, unlocks with swipe.
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Re-enable smart lock and check not only trusted places, but all sections and see if anything is bypassing the security.
Jinjoy
Visitor

Smart lock was disabled.. But thanks @viridis, seems I've found out where is a clue. Sony gifted earbands, added as a trusted device unlocked. I'd better prefer it to be an option, if any trusted device can unlock.
profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

Yeah, it would seem that disabling smart-lock will not disable the devices or locations already gifted the security bypass.
Hopefully, you've now got it sorted by removing the device from trusted devices.
tadfabian
Visitor

I must say I have a similar problem. I am using smart lock option with the PIN number and I'm using the trusted location option. I have Xperia XZ and until the 7.0 update it worked fine. After the update, I received an option, to also use the finger print option and ever since then, even if I'm not at the trusted location e.g. home and I'm in the store 10km away, I can easily swipe the lock without the prompt PIN verification and it is really annoying.

I tried to delete the trusted locations and removed the saved finger print and set both again, but it still doesn't work. It works for a while if I restart the phone, but after a while it does the same.

Any suggestions on how to fix that? It's really annoying 😕