Join now - be part of our community!

Sony really should rebuild a repairing center In U.S.

Visitor

Sony really should rebuild a repairing center In U.S.

I've been using sony for so many years, and I am feeling like sony doesn't want to build up their phone market in U.S. LIke my case here, My phone had problem with the charging port by just unplug the chraging wire. So I called support center, they created a RMA for me, but they also told me my phone might not get repair if it is not under warranty coverage, even I am willing to pay the cost. So few years ago, i can still repair my xperia z3 in U.S. but since last year they shut down the repair center, all the sony phones are non-repairable. it feels like they really dont want to have U.S. market, the thing is, who would like to buy a phone that has no way to repair? in other side of the case, i really think that buying sony phones became a risk. Like my case here, I bought my phone only 2 months, and if the center cant repair my phone, what can I do with it? just throw it away? oh, wait, I forgot to mention about the 3rd party repair. yeah, you guys might say phones can be repair  by 3rd party shops. but did you guys know sony phones will lost the water resist feature if you bring to 3rd party repair or repair it yourself. So I really don't understand why sony didnt do repair anymore. 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
CameronT
Champion

Hi @1006, welcome to the community.

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. Slightly_frowning_Face I recommend you pass your feedback along to your Local support team as this is an international forum, we can't really do much with local issues. Good luck.

kaiser_jeff1986
Visitor

I have a topic about a broken lcd screen and I too am willing to pay the cost, but here in US it does not exist nor any certified repair shops and they also told me to contact my local support. Blah blah blah... Etc... So I ended up with doing the repair myself, thanks to YouTube. 

Visitor

sometimes I don't really get how Sony's marketing department thinking. If you are still trying to raise your phone business, certified repairing shop, station must be set up, even it is oceanwide, otherwise that really makeing people want to stop using sony's phone. who would like to buy a phone that no one can repair it, which required you to learn how to repair the phone yourself, not even talking about you can loes your warranty while repairing it yourself.