Join now - be part of our community!

Sony xperia xz3 drops network, wifi and crashes

Dean25
Visitor

Sony xperia xz3 drops network, wifi and crashes

Hi, 

For the past couple of days my phone xz3 has been crashing randomly, restarting completely and very often losing network and WiFi.

I have tried safe mode which has not worked. I have tried a complete factory reset but that did not work. I have tried to contact my local phone store and they confirmed that this was not right and to contact Sony. I have also read through the forum and noted a number of people lately offering their stories on this problem but this issue does not seem to have been solved. 

I tried the aim card in my previous Sony phone, my xz1 and it works perfectly for the whole day and did not drop signal or WiFi once 

So, this is clearly an xz3 issue. Can someone please advise in the best way forward? Usually very happy with Sony products but this is unacceptable. 

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Coopernicus
Visitor

Were you able to resolve this? Started getting the exact same problem with my xz3. Tried a factory reset but it's still happening.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Do some further testing.

Start the device again without SD card (if present) and without SIM card.

You can reset network settings seperately so you don't need to do a complete factory reset.

Andrew_2
Visitor

I started to have the same problem after android 10 update, before that xz3 worked perfectly..

and don´t know what to do.

GuyBensh2408
Visitor

Did you manage to solve this issue? I'm experiencing exactly the same. since the last android version

raj4cena
Visitor

I started to have the wifi problem after android 10 update, before that xz3 worked perfectly.But now wifi disconnects all the time and shows poor signal though it works perfectly with other devices I tried. It's really annoying that Sony launched the android 10 update with so many issues...