Join now - be part of our community!

Spotify APK cannot be installed

SOLVED
profile.country.SE.title
LennartBornhall
Explorer

Spotify APK cannot be installed

On my Xperia ZX3 I like to downgrade my Spotify to an older version, as BMW and Spotify are not in synch and BMW app for this is not working after july 2020.

So I found info that an older version of Spotify (8.5.66.1002) can be used and I downloaded it.

But during installation it never was installed.

I checked settings for which apps who can be used for unknown source, Spotify was not in list but I changed to allow for Chrome and some more, but still, not able to install the apk file.

How to populate Spotify on the list, or another solution to install the file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Good for you that you've found a solution, just be careful with the APK apps cause with time they affect the performance of the phone, I had 3 APK apps once and they started to affect the speed of the device, once I've uninstalled them everything was back to normal.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.SE.title
LennartBornhall
Explorer

An update here, I was informed to try to load another version, from another site, and that file seems to be OK as I could install it.

So problem solved for now!

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Good for you that you've found a solution, just be careful with the APK apps cause with time they affect the performance of the phone, I had 3 APK apps once and they started to affect the speed of the device, once I've uninstalled them everything was back to normal.

profile.country.SE.title
LennartBornhall
Explorer

Thank's for tip, now I'm aware of that as well!

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Anytime, mate :slight_smile: