Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to unlock, restart or shut down my phone for 5 minutes today.

JanHe
Visitor

Unable to unlock, restart or shut down my phone for 5 minutes today.

When I tried to unlock my phone by sweeping my finger on the screen, the lockscreen didn't move away to the left like it normally does but instead it returned back halfway and then went again left halfway and then came back and it did this non-stop without reacting to my finger touches.

I pressed the power button to restart phone, but the options were stuck to "take a screenshot" and I couldn't choose either restart or shutdown options. After about 5 minutes the phone started working by itself and I restarted it then. After restart the phone seems to be slower when scrolling screens or opening apps. I installed the update 41.3.A.2.24 yesterday, not sure if it has anything to do with this but I didn't have issues with my XZs until today.

I had my phone connected to my car stereo and I plugged it off from the stereo a moment before this happened. I was using the Poweramp-app to listen music from my phone through the car stereo.

3 REPLIES 3
CameronT
Champion

Hi @JanHe, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

Does it happen in safe mode?

JanHe
Visitor

Hi!

My phone seems to work now on normal speed, I turned it off for one night while it was recharging and I guess that helped. I still don't know what caused the lockdown with the phone, it's not happened again.

Is it possible to turn off or restart the phone some other way if the power switch does not work and the phone is stuck in lockscreen?

CameronT
Champion

It seems like an application may have locked up your handset. You can try holding the power button and the volume up button at the same time to force a shut down if it happens again.