Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to view pictures/videos

Charlie871
Visitor

Unable to view pictures/videos

Once I take a picture using the camera app I cannot view them from the gallery nor by pressing the small picture on the camera screen (bottom right corner). It's as if they do not exist. I've only had the phone a few months.
2 REPLIES 2
YoGem
Leader

@Charlie871 that's unfortunate, try this.. Open the album, open the menu on the left, go in settings and scroll down to Assistance, tap on Find and Fix problems. 

Another thing, where are you storing your photos? Internal storage or SD card? It may be an issue with the SD card itself... Can you install Google photos to see if you can find and watch your photos? Like this we may rule out the hardware issue... 

Emir1
Hero

Hi @Charlie871, I am sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

In addition to what @YoGem, could you try to see if the photos are located on your device if you use a file browser or an explorer through a computer? To do so, first check where the photos are stored by going to Camera > Settings > More > Data storage, is it set to SD card or Internal Storage here? Once you've concluded where they are set to be stored, go to Settings > Storage > Menu > Advanced > Storage > Explore > DCIM > 100Andro, can you find the media here? The file path should be the same using a computer, so either Internal or SD storage > DCIM > 100Andro.

If you can successfully find the photos on the device, try clearing app data for the "Media storage" service, this will force the device to forget all stored media and force a new scan of media which may help locate all the media again. To do so, go to Settings > Apps > Menu > Show system > Media Storage > Storage > Clear data. Now restart your device and wait for your device to load in all media again which may take some time depending on the amount of data you have stored. Can you now find the photos in your media apps, such as Album?

If you still can't find the photos, try clearing data for the app you use for viewing media (Album is our default preinstalled one) by going to Settings > Apps > Album > Storage > Clear data - can you now find the photos? Note that clearing data for the Album app won't delete any photos, only the app settings.

Let me and @YoGem know how it went! If one of our replies helped, feel free to kudo the answer and mark it as the accepted solution so that other users facing the same concern can find the answer more easily! Slightly_smiling_Face