Join now - be part of our community!

Usb C problem on xperia xz, where can I repair it in Argentina?

GabrielPellegri
Visitor

Usb C problem on xperia xz, where can I repair it in Argentina?

Having spent only a month of getting my Sony Xperia XZ, the input plug for power, that is, the type C USB port of the device, located on the bottom of the phone, seems to present a failure, since Which does not establish correct contact with the USB-C plug of the power cable. This prevents me from charging my phone, even testing with different charger cables. The smartphone was bought in the USA and I live in Argentina, where cell phones with USB-C are not yet common. I need advice on where to take my phone to repair. Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
YoGem
Leader

Hola @GabrielXperiaXZ

I am afraid that only Sony in US can check your phone under warranty, did you buy it from Amazon? Less than 90 days ago? 

Emir1
Hero

Hi @GabrielXperiaXZ, I am sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

I would really like to assist you, but as I am located in the Nordics I am sorry to say that I do not have much knowledge of the local service routines and authorized service centers in Argentina. I recommend that you raise this with your Local support team in order to be assisted, as they are well informed when it comes to your local service routines, how you may apply the market specific warranty terms and consumer laws.

Let me know how it went! Slightly_smiling_Face

GabrielPellegri
Visitor

BestBuy. February 2017.

GabrielPellegri
Visitor

BestBuy. February 2017.

YoGem
Leader

@GabrielXperiaXZ ok Best Buy is not a good one: You can return or exchange cell phones with a carrier contract and unlocked phones within 14 days. Like the carrier stores, we have a charge ($35) for return or exchange of these products. This return period and charge also applies if you are a My Best Buy Elite or Elite Plus member.

Do you have any friend in US? You could send it to them and ask them to contact US Local support to have your device inspected, fixed or replaced.

Sorry, I can't help more on this Slightly_frowning_Face