Join now - be part of our community!

Volume control in Standby mode

kilee
Visitor

Volume control in Standby mode

My device is turned to the vibration mode or sound mode involuntarily, and I found out that it is possible to control the volume button in Standby mode. Is this normal working?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@kilee Unless you turn on the display, nothing will happen.

alexdon
kilee
Visitor

It is strange because I can control the ring tone volume and change the notification mode(vibration / ring one / do not disturb) in the standby mode.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@kilee In this case your phone is not on standby, something keeps it awake. Can you check if the same occurs in safe mode?

alexdon
kilee
Visitor

In Safe mode, the phenomenon is not happened as well as normal mode after rebooting.

But as I have experience the phenomenon happens again few hours later after rebooting, I will pay attention on this issue.

I'm also assumming that this is related to 3rd party application which awake the device even the display is turned off.

Thanks for your guidance to trace a cause of this issue.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

No problem, please keep us updated.

alexdon
kilee
Visitor

I`m returning to this issue becuase this issue happens continuously....

Of course, I did a factory reset and the result is same to me.

even I questioned to service center, they recommend to do the factory reset only...

I have been checking the apps I installed but counldn't find a cause of this issue becuase I'm also using the apps in my other devices.

Actually the volume keys are located in the side of device and it is pressed easily by hand when I pick it up.

When I watch movie in theater, reading a book in library, working at my office, my phone rings a bell. very stragne and uncomforatble issue for me..

Now I'm finding an app in play store to disable the volume key...