Join now - be part of our community!

WarrantytimeService message following update to oreo

SOLVED
Tfox
Visitor

WarrantytimeService message following update to oreo

I just noticed that there is permanent message saying 'WarrantytimeService', appearing on the top left corner of my screen following an update to Oreo. I cant get rid of it nor does it do anything when you press it. Has anyone seen this before and knows what to do with it? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emir1
Hero

Hi Everyone,

After updating your Xperia XZ Premium to Android 8.0 (Oreo), you may notice a notification that reads "WarrantytimeService". We are aware of this behavior and it will be fixed in an upcoming software release.

However, please note that software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, I am not able to give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
ryandt
Visitor

me too mate not a clue what it is but its really annoying

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Tfox @ryandt

could you post screenshots of the issue? 

otif
Visitor

It is very annoying, the only way I have managed to not appear is to force to close the application, but when restarting it reappears.

Screenshot_20171113-172959.png

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@otif

What app did you disable to make it go off temporarily?

@Tfox

@ryandt

Do you guys have the single or dual-SIM variant of XZP?

Oblit99
Visitor

Same issue here exactly. I got the dual SIM version. 

cenkaetaya
Visitor

I also have this error on my phone.

NOTE: phone is 100% stock, never been rooted or attempted or anything.

I made a quick video showing the notification and that it seems to be related to google apps / work profile account. Once I remove the work account the error goes away.

https://youtu.be/xP3ULyeKJwQ

If anyone knows how to fix this, that would be great, thanks.

Emir1
Hero

Hi Everyone,

After updating your Xperia XZ Premium to Android 8.0 (Oreo), you may notice a notification that reads "WarrantytimeService". We are aware of this behavior and it will be fixed in an upcoming software release.

However, please note that software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, I am not able to give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

JohnLBergqvist
Visitor

When Work Mode is switched on, I have a persistant "WarrantytimeService" notification whenever i'm using Work Mode on Android 8.0. I can't remove or disable it by changing the notification settings. 

On my XZ1, this problem does not occur. 

Will there be a fix for this on the XZ Premium?

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

The post above yours indicates it will be fixed, yes.