Join now - be part of our community!

WarrantytimeService message following update to oreo

SOLVED
Tfox
Visitor

WarrantytimeService message following update to oreo

I just noticed that there is permanent message saying 'WarrantytimeService', appearing on the top left corner of my screen following an update to Oreo. I cant get rid of it nor does it do anything when you press it. Has anyone seen this before and knows what to do with it? Thanks

29 REPLIES 29
JohnLBergqvist
Visitor

Excellent! Just needs the Oreo dialer like the XZ1 has and it will be perfect!

Chiu5243
Visitor

我的手機出現Warrantytimeservice message 如何消除

How to eliminate Warrantytimeservice message on my mobile phone

GT

Tags (1)
Emir1
Hero

Hi @Chiu5243, I am sorry to hear about that. Slightly_frowning_Face

Have you had the opportunity to take a peek at the accepted solution in the thread, found here?

Let me know! Slightly_smiling_Face

RuslanNani
Visitor

Got the same but worse on Xperia X, it turns on a black screen where is written TURN OFF,  I need to use my phone, but can not, please do something.

Warrantytimeser
Visitor

Hello. Today I updated my Sony Xperia x to 8.0 and got WarrantytimeService notice in left corner. Plese help to remove it.

Thnx

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Warrantytimeserviceif you check this thread's solution, you'll find that one of the updates is going to resolve that for you. you'll need to wait until the update is rolled out to your carrier/region version.

Jalois
Visitor

.. .. Have l the same ennoying problem. So I just have  to wait and live with it until the next update? 

Thanks  

Otacon9
Visitor

Clic on The message and do force stop... Waiting for fix by sony update  

lothos88
Visitor

As it's been over 90 days since they've been aware of the issue, I think it's safe to assume they aren't going to actually fix it. Sony really is their own worst enemy when it comes to their products. They make fantastic hardware, but as history shows repeatedly, they really do not care about the consumer after they've bought the product and almost seem to go out of their way to push users away from them. Like literally loading their phones with unremovable adware.

That being said, I don't regret buying my XZ premium, I just rooted it as soon as DRM keys weren't an issue because you cannot trust Sony to do anything right beyond building hardware. I've been using their products for decades and that's pretty much the case over and over again. Excellent technology, bottom tier software/user experience.

macbete
Visitor

Still no clue? So you're unable to remove this annoying alert?