Join now - be part of our community!

WarrantytimeService message following update to oreo

SOLVED
Tfox
Visitor

WarrantytimeService message following update to oreo

I just noticed that there is permanent message saying 'WarrantytimeService', appearing on the top left corner of my screen following an update to Oreo. I cant get rid of it nor does it do anything when you press it. Has anyone seen this before and knows what to do with it? Thanks

29 REPLIES 29
jalois1
Visitor

@macbete wrote:

Still no clue? So you're unable to remove this f***g annoying alert?

Yes, that s how it is...

MAWK0815
Visitor

I own two xperia X both on version 34.4.A.2.70 now. Only on my 1st one this message shows continuously, the slightly newer one never had this message at all. Already 2 upgrades were installed sine this error appeared. Why is it so difficult to get rid of this message?!?!

Lyla1
Visitor

It only happens when the work mode is on. Just turn it off and it will disappear. I'm working in that way on my Xa2 ultra.

profile.country.DE.title
jotthaah
Explorer

I do have the same issue on my Xperia X.
And yes, the quality of SONY's customer support is rather poor:
I several times contacted the online chat in the Support app with regard to this issue, and I always got the same answers:
- stopp the warrantytimeservice system app any time you booted up your phone

- we forward your issue

- possibly, this issue may be resolved by a system software update.
That's no fun. A skilled tech supporter should be able at least to acknowledge, that this issue is known but not resolved yet, and apollogize for that.
But - nope.

profile.country.DE.title
jotthaah
Explorer

@ Emir

Now, it's December 2018 - and still the issue with that unlucky notification icon!
Xperia X, Android 8.0.0

When can we expect the solution of the issue? To stop  the system process WarrantytimeService after switching on the phone is annoying,and this process cannot be disabled (deactivated).
Or shall I better root my phone?

Vulgarian
Visitor

Same here!

We can see a response from Sony an year ago, and this freakin icon is still on the screen making me wana punch the phone so bad..

Another thing, I bought my Xperia X compact for the battery review this phone had. My first Sony, and I was so happy with it..!! After the 8.0 update it stands for no longer than 15 hours of light usage. Most of the programs are disabled, 30-45 minutes of browsing, 2-3 calls 2-3 minuets each.. No games, nothing else.. Totaly disapointed with this.. Slightly_frowning_Face

PatrickBateman
Visitor

Hi, 

I still have the WarrantytimeService notification appearing in my notification bar, and it won't go away. 

I have the latest OS on my xperia XZ as at 1st July 2019.

Thanks. 

thewonder2222
Visitor

Helli everyone,

I am Ionut and I need your help. 

In the left corner of my phone (Sony xperia Xz) I have a message Waaranti time service, which I undersand you are aware about.

The second problem I have is that I keep having the message regarding the software update (Xperia system update) which I cannot get rid of.

Kindly ask you to tell me what to do, on my email adress: ionutcergan@gmail.com.

Thank you very much in advance

ItachiCrash
Visitor

Just click over the message and in the options of sound choose: no show and nor sound. It Will delete the icon. 

Alias1359
Visitor

Yes