Join now - be part of our community!

Why do the new xperia phones removed Lanyard Hole?

shukuki555
Visitor

Why do the new xperia phones removed Lanyard Hole?

The Lanyard Hole was a big bonus and makes the xperia different from other brands. It might not be a big thing to some, but its the details of their designs through out their xperia lineups. They should really consider bring back the Lanyard Hole, because its just this little hole that makes the xperia more unique and a bit different from other competitors and Its also useful to some users who likes to put a strap on their phones.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.en_GB.title
_dj.si_
Visitor

Almost 2 years later and it seems Sony still have not reinstated the lanyard hole on the latest Xperia models. As far as I can tell there is no hole on the XZ2 or XZ3 models.

All smartphones are now intended to be used as cameras, so when taking photos anywhere that the phone could easily be lost forever or irreparably damaged if it slips from your grasp (e.g. anywhere high, or over water) it is simply plain common sense to use a lanyard, given that smartphones are typically costly, not to mention the data (e.g. recent photos) that could be irretrievably lost. I always use a neck lanyard on my Z3 Compact (D5803) when taking photos to avoid these risks. As commented by others, few want to use an inelegant case to allow lanyard attachment to overcome this Xperia design omission.

Sony, PLEASE take this seriously! Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Stephenghc
Explorer

Everyone wins - the insurance companies justify their existence by paying out - but charging a profitable premium, the customer gets a latest replacement, and Sony and their outlets sell more phones. 

Everyone, that is, except the customer that doesn't want the hassle of breaking or losing their phone or just hates waste!

The lanyard hole is such a small detail to incorporate even if the feature is of little interest to the majority of users, Phones are packed with features that aren't important to every customer!

I've made up my mind NOT to buy another Sony product - and all my electronics were - if I cannot find a new phone of theirs with the lanyard hole thoughtfully reinstated. But SONY are too big to care and definitely wont be reading these comments! Perhaps if I can put all this in Japanese some employee who cares about the company will see it, do you think?

誰もが勝つ - 保険会社は支払うことによって自分の存在を正当化する - しかし、収益性の高いプレミアムを充電し、顧客は最新の交換を取得し、ソニーとそのアウトレットはより多くの携帯電話を販売しています。

誰もが、つまり、携帯電話を壊したり失ったり、単に無駄を嫌ったりする手間を省かない顧客を除いて!

ストラップホールは、機能が大多数のユーザーにほとんど関心がない場合でも、組み込むために非常に小さな詳細です, 電話は、すべての顧客にとって重要ではない機能が満載されています!

私は別のソニー製品を購入しないことを決めました - そして、私のすべてのエレクトロニクスはありました - 私は思慮深く復活したストラップ穴を持つ彼らの新しい携帯電話を見つけることができない場合。しかし、ソニーは気にするには大きすぎて、間違いなくこれらのコメントを読んでいない!おそらく、会社を気にする従業員の一部を日本語に入れることができれば、それを見ると思いますか?

profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Can't understand why you would resurrect a 2 year old topic for this nonsense.

Just buy a case with a lanyard hole in it from someone like Spigen, or the like.

Manufacturing styles, and materials probably prohibit it, that and it's a great target for someone to rip off your neck and do a runner.