Join now - be part of our community!

Wifi problem

Tilmandra
Visitor

Wifi problem

I Just bought a Sony XZ, fresh from the box!
I had a Z3+ previously..
The wifi stops working after a while, authentication problem it says (the password for wifi is right, all computers and my other Phone (Samsung note 3) the wifi works perfect... I had the same problem on my Z3. This Phone is barely 1 Day old and I get the same problem AGAIN...

Ive done the repair trough program via PC, Ive tried resetting the Phone and everything, nothing helps
6 REPLIES 6
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Hi @Tilmandra,

Welcome to the community,

I am really sorry to hear about this issue, can you please advise if you have tried restarting the router at your location and can you please advise if the issue happens at other locations or just your personal Wifi connection.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Tilmandra
Visitor

It happens on all locations that have wifi, both public and private networks sadly, and yes have tried rwstarting ruter, the phone manages to connect after a router restart but get's the authentication problem again after 5 - 10 mins
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

I'm sorry to hear that. When you received the device did you use the Xperia Transfer tool to transfer content from your other device?

If so it is possible the old data is causing a problem with Wifi. When you did the software repair did you test the Wifi before restoring the content?

Tilmandra
Visitor

No I did not transfer any old content over
Jake-SonyXperia
Champion

Based on what you have told me I can only really advise that you take the device back to the place of purchase or contact Customer Care directly as the device may need to be inspected.

Please use the link in my signature below to find details for your region specifically.

I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

Sooshyant
Visitor

I used Xperia transfer and after that my WiFi tuned off after every screen sleeping and I have to turn it on for using. I checked my phone setting and it's all right (keep WiFi on after the screen sleep).