Join now - be part of our community!

WiFi says Internet, without internet

SpyrosFgs
Visitor

WiFi says Internet, without internet

Hey there,

When I turn on my WiFi to connect to my house, it connects but is has a little x on top and it says on the settings "connected, without Internet" (translation from Greek. Don't know if it accurate in English).

Some times it connects quickly without problem. Some times it takes a lot of minutes to connect. Some times it doesn't connect. What is happening?

11 REPLIES 11
Manoslve33
Visitor

I have the same problem with my wifi connection. Every two days I have problems with the wifi. Its not working and I have to do a restart to work again. I did one day ago functional repair and nothing change. Sony must do something or it will be last time I buy Sony smartphone. 

HurdyGurdy
Visitor

Same here, constantly losing WiFi. Samsung tablet has no problem. Seems xz1 is another lemon

Manoslve33
Visitor

I did functional repair with the xperia companion. It's a tool from sony. I did  it and so far I don't have any issue. 

mobileguide
Visitor

First check whether wifi singal strenth is proper or not. If you are using router then check router setting and maximum device allowed to connect.

or Go to your phone setting reset and reset all network setting or wifi setting which option available on your phone and then reconfiger your wifi connection.

SpyrosFgs
Visitor

Considering that I am next to my router and I'm the only device that is using it, I believe we have first things on the list checked. I have also done the last part too. I have also done a fix via xperia companion. Sometimes it just connects to the Wi-Fi and says no internet. I have to tap the Wi-Fi button a few times to turn in on and off quickly so it can connect. Or get in and out of airplane mode. Or the last resort, turn off and on the device...

Manoslve33
Visitor

I still have the same problem with my wifi connection. And I believe that Sony it will never solve the problem. I never buy again Sony. Never. 

profile.country.GB.title
HurdyGurdyV1
Explorer

agreed - getting ridiculously bad. only a full restart makes it work for a day or so and then it goes again.

What is interesting is when you go into the wifi option, the screen lists no known networks and needs a rescan to tell you which ones are available. Wondering if there is some problem with losing WIFI config data  and then needs to refresh on demand

Neli01
Visitor

Yup. Same issue, but it shows internet connected after a few seconds. My problem is that WiFi suddenly disconnects. And WiFi signal is very weak. My brother's iPhone 4s has better reception than my phone.

GAZ082
Visitor

I'm having the same issue in a home where I run a home automation system. Connection is not consistent and have to reset every couple of days. However I think it's an Android issue.