Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ will not connect to W10 PC

SOLVED
Saxophone21
Visitor

Xperia XZ will not connect to W10 PC

I can't get my XZ to connect by USB to W10 64bit  PC. I already have Xperia Companion installed for use with previous Z1.

Under Device Manager I get the F8831 shown but with the yellow warning triangle. Under properties its says:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

If I try to update driver via online is says that it found driver software but encountered an error trying to install it. MTP Device - a service installation of this INF is invalid. It then suggests downloading from manufacturers site.

I downloaded driver for XZ from Sony website but it did not recognise the sa0115adb.inf file as suitable for the 64bit PC.

I've round in circles on this and done all the usual things of rebooting, sfc and DISM on the PC, clearing media storage from XZ etc. I did get, at one point, the XZ showing as a CD ROM, and it reinstalled the Xperia Companion software but Companion program could not see the XZ.

Any ideas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Saxophone21
Visitor

Thanks for that posting but I had just resolved the issue, by a similar, but not quite the same method in that I had to direct the MTP USB Device to the specific file - wpdmtp.inf

Many thanks though for your posting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlvaroParty
Visitor

Follow instructions 

Fix MTP driver

1. Open device manager

2. right click on the unknown device or device marked with a ' ! ' 

3 Manually Update driver.

4 Select Path  "C:\Windows\INF"

4. click on "Let me pick from the list available".  

5 Select MTP USB device

6 click next.

Saxophone21
Visitor

Thanks for that posting but I had just resolved the issue, by a similar, but not quite the same method in that I had to direct the MTP USB Device to the specific file - wpdmtp.inf

Many thanks though for your posting.