Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia XZ3 keeps crashing and losing signal

Toki430
Visitor

Xperia XZ3 keeps crashing and losing signal

Recently, my XZ3 keeps freezing and crashing. Also keep losing cell connection as well. Any help will be great. 

7 REPLIES 7
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Toki430, sorry to hear about this.

Has this behaviour just started happening or has it been going on for a long time? Also, does this behaviour happen during a specific kind of use/in a specific app or does it occur randomly?

The first thing that I would like you to try is to run your phone in safe mode for a while to see if the phone freezes/crashes there as well. All apps downloaded from Play Store is temporarily deactivated while in safe mode and by doing this, you can see if this behaviour is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here.

If the phone also freeze/crash while in safe mode, My suggestion is to repair the software using a computer and Xperia Companion. Please note though that a software repair will erase all user data, so remember to do a backup of your user data first in order to prevent data loss.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes! 

Fialbazz
Visitor

Hello, 

I also have Xperia XZ3. I've been having the same problem since mid-Sept. I tried repairing and reinstalling the software, but that did not fix the issue. This issue is getting worse and I can barely connect to the WiFi for a few seconds now. 

How can this issue be fixed? Please let me know. 

Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Fialbazz, sorry to hear that you are affected by this as well.

If the software repair did not manage to improve the functionality of the phone, I believe that the best thing to do is to get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone examined by an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service such as service routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well.

I hope that helped! 

Toki430
Visitor

Sorry for the slow reply.  I have tried thr repair with computer and stiil have the same issues.  It might be assosiated with SD card as well.  I have gotton 256GB SD card and having issues with that not keeping the data I transfer.  I checkt the sony mobile site and it does say it can handle up to 512GB.  I have tried two different SD card and get the same result.  Any suggestions will be great.  Thanks

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Did you already contact support through the Support app?

One last try (which probably won't be successful) is to start the device without SIM and without SD.

I hope you'll get your device repaired and functioning again soon.

Madds1973
Visitor

My Xz3 keeps loosing mobile signal too, WiFi is fine, it started after the last firmware update early November 2019, phone was fine before that. 

Alias2512
Visitor

Hello me too suffering from the same problem my phone freeze and crashing after the last update. Before the update my phone was working fine even cameras stop responding often