Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
Christina26
Visitor

Da beim Update auf Android 10 der Fingerabdrucksensor schlechter ist, das Mikrofon extrem schwach ist, muss ich das Telefon an den Mund halten, damit der Betroffene mich versteht, die Displayfarbe verblasst immer mehr und erst nach einem Neustart wieder normal wird 

Deswegen möchte ich die version 9 wieder haben das update hat mein handy total zerstört 

Since the fingerprint sensor is worse and the microphone is extremely weak when updating to Android 10, I have to hold the phone to my mouth so that the person concerned understands me, the display color fades more and more and only becomes normal again after a restart.

So I want to have version 9 again. The update completely crashed my phone

@omoeller wrote:

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

One_inch
Visitor

This worked to fix my terrible lag issues, thank you! 

MrMario
Visitor

I just switched to Samsung for this same problem

jjmartinezh
Visitor

Same problem here!., I hate those broken icons. Restarted my phone and they disappered for a few hours, but reappeared again.

plus the fingerprint problem.....

Sony. Please, provide a fix asap!

soyo0
Visitor

For anyone trying to resolve the low volume issue of voice messages.

The software repair function of the companion app won't fix the issue and overall the phone is still laggy

Keenjau
Visitor

Will be interesting to see how (and how fast) Sony reacts to this huge mess.. 

jjmartinezh
Visitor

Already three weeks and no reply from Sony......

Keenjau
Visitor

That's strange  

A popular german techsite is reporting about Sony's Android 10 Update Desaster and there are 155 comments already. 

https://www.giga.de/news/sony-handys-mit-android-10-die-probleme-haeufen-sich-update/#comments

JCTech
Visitor

So here we remain with the issues regarding the Android 10 upgrade and a variety of Xperia mobile phones – for me, this is the XZ2 – I wrote to Sony EU support requesting …… well here was my request and their reply; starting with mine....

Please could you direct me to the email / web resource regarding compensation for losses due to this problematic rollout of Android 10 to my XZ2, which is [was] an integral part of my business. I have been unable to trade and incurred losses, given these issues since 6th January 2020, and have now had to replace my XZ2 for a mobile phone that is fit for purpose.”

The reply was the following from Sony EU support;

We are sorry to learn that you still have an issue with your Xperia XZ2. Regarding your inquiry, kindly note that you can book a repair online with an Authorized Service Center directly through the following link: https://support.sonymobile.com/gb/repair/have-you-tried-this/

20 days on from the original update [6th January 2020] and whilst some report that the ‘software repair tool’ makes some things slightly more bearable: the fact remains that my XZ2 at least has lag, fingerprint issues, tethering errors and a variety of other issues that it did not have under Android 9.

I can send it back for them to update again, do I pay for that service?, not happy at all, so....... and since it's been a month....... 

The call from me at least is – SONY – ROLL ME BACK! - OR PAY ME BACK!

Richardson1
Visitor

I have recieved update but i did not updat it, as i read here lot of issues exists. same bugs had been found on Xperia Z5 in 2017 after 7.1.1 update, and the reason was movie creator... 

has anyone tried? 

and if someone has tried software repair, please let us know if it works, because I am confuse, some users are confirming it, some not... 

/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/Xperia-Z5-Compact-unusable-after-7-1-1-update/m-p/1245238#M38744