Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
Seb0071
Visitor

Hi.

For my case, I took a cache cleaning app,

I uninstalled all unnecessary apps,

I erased the data from the Play Store app, to start fresh for this app.

(And for me, Stamina was not activated after the update for my case)

Since then, there is less latency = and I haven't done the repair via Companion

I almost found the phone from before...
Even the fingerprint sensor is almost as before ... some persistent latencies ^^

JCTech
Visitor

It appears that Sony may have sorted this out; I have today successfully installed version 52.1.A.0.532.R1C [the last three digits are important in this], after having spent 20 odd days without a workable Xperia XZ2 despite numerous support requests – although the support responses were evident if not useful.

Today I have used – for the second time – the repair facility on the Xperia companion, but failed on the first attempt since it appears that my computer stored my initial attempt and so refused to work – advice is to use another computer to use the companion software (or perhaps uninstall the version that you had a first attempt on – care is advised here if you have backed up to the first iteration of the companion software). 

Anyway, this is what I have done with what appears to be success…. (0) Backed up the phone to my Google account and then (1) Connected my XZ2 to a laptop that I did not use before to repair the software using companion. (2) Let the new Xperia companion download to the new computer. (3) Let the upgrade to Xperia companion complete. (4) Factory reset my XZ2 – not sure that this was necessary – but I did. (5) Did the Xperia Companion Repair software utility and then (6) Let the XZ2 completely restart and update without my Google credentials then (7) Connected the XZ2 to my WIFI to update completely before finally (8) entering my Google credentials to all the XZ2 to restore all my apps and content.

At the moment all appears to work; Speed/lag, Fingerprint, Tethering, battery condition….. I confess that this episode has impacted my confidence in Sony. I suspect that there may be some minor updates to Android 10 Sony version as things progress but issues like this damage a brand which is sad given the ‘middle class’ ground that Sony exists in. My Samsung S8 (which was my replacement given this debacle) remains my principal phone until I am sure that Sony have made proper repairs to their version of Android 10

x2349
Visitor

Thanks for the info. I have got the ota update for my device on Monday, the 27.1 and i directly installed it, after reading your post, i checked which version it is and i got the the 52.1.A.0.532.R1C, just like yours and i got the fingerprint issue und the previous home theme sucked a lot of battery, i changed that and the only issue i have is the  fingerprint, everything else is fine, and it feels like Performance and battery have improved. maybe i will do a repair via pc to get rid off the fingerprint issue

Rodrigo_Taylor
Visitor

I just saw the comments of the new update. At least they already incorporated the navigation of gestures in addition to solving the problems?

Helmser
Visitor

Can someone explain me why u can download the New Version only per companion and not with the phone itself? 

omoeller
Visitor

How do you get to this conclusion? I read 2 posts above yours about the update via OTA - which translates into over the air ...

TJ36
Visitor

I'm having the same issue been playing the game for a couple of years now and never experienced anything like this before really frustrated 😤 

Lioneer
Visitor

Hi, how can i update to latest firmware r1c?

Tomek33
Visitor

Hi, last symbol R1C means content of applications. For example a have R3C in t-mobile PL. Version of software is always the same 52.1.a.0.532. This is the newest for now. 

Lioneer
Visitor

ah, thank you. So, i have to wait for fix, because my phone is slow and laggy too. And fingeprint sensor response is bad now.