Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
PardonMe
Visitor

Gesture,audio, fingerprint, battery

Bad updates. 

_GreggO_
Visitor

Hi,

Indeed this last update is crappy (I was under Android 10 already before) : slowness, one crash/reboot per day, battery draining, overheating... Face_with_rolling_Eyes

However the main issue for me is USB transfer not working any more : not detected by computer (and not even detecting it's connected to a computer, not even charging - except if turned off, which indicates it's clearly a software issue)

And of course I needed the USB transfer to backup and clear up some data as I'm reaching 95% usage Smiling_Face_with_open_mouth_&_cold_Sweat

So my question is now, how should I use Xperia Companion to backup and repair my software (or update customazations if I ever find them for my phone)... without USB working Grinning_Face_with_smiling_Eyes ?

Is there a way to "force" the update OTA (wifi or 4G) other than waiting for the update to be proposed by Sony to my phone ?

Thanks Upside-down_Face

Keenjau
Visitor

Flash your Device back to Android 9 is the best you can do

Android 10 just doesn't work properly with those old XZ2 /XZ3 devices especially those with only 4GB RAM. 

Yeah, I am stuck on Securitypatch level November forever but at least I have a working, flawless OS. 

Will my next device a SONY?

Not sure , this mess is not even adressed by SONY officially and silence since 1 month already.

That shows Sony doesn't really care. 

Sad, but that's the way it is. 

Let's hope the upcoming Google Pixel 4A is nice then they have my money. 

I am done with companies with crappy update policys 

KenOo7888
Visitor

I got whatapp voice recording problum, reinstall also not good 

West2020
Visitor

I bought this phone for the snapdragon 845 but now slow as a snail 

Idiots! Dont call this an update its a huge downgrade 

Planned obsolescence? Class action lawsuit coming your way

Not applicable

Dear Sony, my workflow has never been so "stable". I was using Xperia X and it became a real revelation. Now I wanna break XZ2 and buy one of the most popular smartphones. "thatPhone" 11, I mean. "thatOS" 13 is still not the best one, but I know it's not able to hurt my banking apps, for example. Thanks and bye!

RelakS
Visitor

I did some research about this bluetooth problem.
First I was not able to reproduce it, but I started to simulate, how I use the phone. The culprit is any onlyine radio software maybe. I have tried with one from Crystal Missions, which is dedicated to the Hungarian radios, and with XiiaLive.

When I pair my phone with my Sony SRS-XB30 BT speaker, and just simply turn off the speaker while that program is running, the called party won't hear me anymore if I use a BT device. I have to restart the phone, or connect back to that speaker, and shut down the application properly to be able to make calls again. So far that is the only device that do this, with my Sennheiser BT headset the problem does not appear.

Pxeone
Visitor

2 days under 52.1.a.0.532 were enough to try all "improvements", mentioned above: battery, fingerprint, crashes, Bluetooth, new apps installing problems (play market). The solution was found quickly: I did downgrade to Android 9. Now everything is OK. Shame on you, Sony 

KrisDM1973
Visitor

@Pxeone wrote:

2 days under 52.1.a.0.532 were enough to try all "improvements", mentioned above: battery, fingerprint, crashes, Bluetooth, new apps installing problems (play market). The solution was found quickly: I did downgrade to Android 9. Now everything is OK. Shame on you, Sony 

Jakim sposobem przywróciłeś android 9?

How did you restore android 9?

igt

Pxeone
Visitor

I used "newflasher" to do it. And this forum post (try to translate it from Russian). https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=847241&view=findpost&p=65779232