Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
Keenjau
Visitor

XZ2/XZ3 are just too old to handle Android 10 properly it seems, too many problems. 

Maybe Sony knew beforehand ( if they done some testing then yes , of course they knew how couldn't they with rendering devices almost useless ) 

.......and rolled it out anyway,  banking on people buying new Sony Xperia 1/5 devices. 

But that would be awful behaviour regarding their customers.

Not applicable

XZ2 isn't old. Look at specs of the latest mid-range smartphones. They have worse or similar (in terms of different benchmarks) hardware.

It's Sony's fault. Such a shame. And I was assuring people, that Sony smartphones are really good thanks to their "long-term support".

Keenjau
Visitor

ZX2 was build around Android 9 and just works better in this environment it seems 

I hope that the XZ2 works with Android 10 flawless and bugfree in future, too. 

I just wait until 1-2 more updates and keep an eye on forums.

Shoky
Visitor

I am so sad I upgradet to Android 10 since it worked perfectly on 9.

This is unbearable! So laggy like I have 10 Year old phone.

FIX THIS ASAP

Keenjau
Visitor

Android 10 just does not work same as Android 9 on our XZ2.

Downgrade is the ONLY option fo have a fully working mobile.

My work colleague updated his XZ3 to A10 and it's almost unusable , he's close to throw it against a wall. 

Not applicable

My recommendation: disable Digital Wellbeing. It helps to make XZ2 slightly faster.

Disable the standard gallery app and install another one, if you've got any problems with it. I can't transfer screenshots to SD card without creating broken copies.

Shoky
Visitor

how can I downgrade? Root is must?

Keenjau
Visitor

No, when you flash a new firmware you write over the whole harddisc ( of a computer so to speak ) So you just overwrite the old firmware 

There are tools think name "New flasher" and some other tool which grabs the firmware over the internet and installs it on your device ( connected via USB to your computer )

You have to Google it, never done it myself but the steps are easy. 

omoeller
Visitor

Downgrade from one major release to another does not work and is NOT recommended unless you risk to trash your device - folks that tell you that a downgrade is possible and easy should pay for your dead device afterwards!

Pxeone
Visitor

I did downgrade without any problems. It took about 15 minutes and everything is OK now