Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
Hawaiiklw16
Visitor

How did you do it? 

Pxeone
Visitor

I used "newflasher" to do it. And this forum post (try to translate it from Russian). https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=847241&view=findpost&p=65779232

Pxeone
Visitor

BTW, Sony answered me for my complaint for this upgrade. They say that a fix will be released in late February. 

Not applicable

Good news! But Goood... It's a software. Even human lives rely on it.

omoeller
Visitor

Good luck then and do not complain when the downgrade failed ... I am familiar with these tools myself and I know what I am talking about ... your choice

Rodrigo_Taylor
Visitor

The degradation of the device is completely safe if it is done well, there are tools to make it very easy, do not be fooled. That if when sony update the android version, if it does, it will no longer notify you or the update will arrive.

Lioneer
Visitor

thank you, phone is now faster. it helped

@Unregistered user wrote:

My recommendation: disable Digital Wellbeing. It helps to make XZ2 slightly faster.

Disable the standard gallery app and install another one, if you've got any problems with it. I can't transfer screenshots to SD card without creating broken copies.

Keenjau
Visitor

SONY's silence regarding this matter,  which is 4 weeks already, speaks volumes. 

There won't be a fix for ALL those problems regarding Android 10 and our devices,  ever. Not possible by design.

The only Fix for our old beloved XZ2 is:  Android 9. 

e11even3
Visitor

Hi Guys, 

Same here. My XZ2 is super slow with fingerprint and it is noticable slower with other applications. Hope Sony is already working on fix before it will become to much annoing. 

Once I was late to work because of the alarm that simply turned off. I'm not trusting the phone any more.

Keenjau
Visitor

Many came late to work as I was reading on comments on a popular german techsite. 

That's hilarious.

Simple things as alarm clock , WhatsApp Voice Messages etc should always work regardless of an update.

Maybe (just a guess as it's almost criminal):

This was done on purpose. 

I just can't believe Sony is so stupid and slipped  testing Android 10 on their devices. No way. 

But how SONY can assume people buying a SONY branded device upgrades after such an awful experience? 

I would definitely buy another brand!

I myself never had a problem with my Sony devices. (But I don't blindly update things I rely on )