Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
Morteth1
Visitor

@Automat wrote:

I read that people have been updating to Android 10 since January. But more than 6 weeks later, I check on my phone and it kindly informs me that my OS is "up to date" on Pie.

Although, just below, it tells me that the next available update will be to "Android 10 10"

Does the update depend on the mobile operator as well?

The update is currently not rolling out according to this website: https://wccftech.com/sony-xperia-xz3-and-xz2-android-10-rollout-halted-due-to-numerous-bugs-in-the-s... 

Be thankful you don't have the update as it really is atrocious. Be glad that they are working to fix it.

ArturasJ
Visitor

52.1.A.0.532 This version is realy bad, alarms ringing event if you turning it off, every day i need to restart my phone because i can not use it without lags, sometimes lags so big what screen get white for 5-10 seconds. Horrible. Repair it, please!! 

Keenjau
Visitor

https://www.giga.de/news/sony-handys-mit-android-10-probleme-werden-zu-viel-update/#comments

Almost 250 comments. 

Interested how this huge mess is handled by SONY because it seems there won't be an easy fix. Ever.

They should have tested Android 10 before rolling out the update blindly.for older devices 

StephLux
Visitor

In the meantime, using a RAM killer solved the problem for me. Analyzing the mobile behaviour, I saw that the RAM was used at 90% from the start... What, like a computer, causes the freezing.

Awaiting for the SONY solution.

Keenjau
Visitor

4GB RAM seems way to low for A10 with our old devices. 

I have the 6GB Version and constantly have over 4 GB RAM usage ,even with Android 9. 

Rodrigo_Taylor
Visitor

The problem does not even come from the ram, is Sony's poor optimization of the bad operating system, old phones? They will be just 2 years old and that seems old to you with the great processor that these mobiles have?

Darkangel1984
Visitor

Das liegt bestimmt daran, dass das Update auf Android 10 wegen den massiven Fehlern gesperrt wurde. 

Pxeone
Visitor

DarkAngel310784, would you be so kind to reply in English, like all of us? 

Morteth1
Visitor

Disable the app Digital Wellbeing. It improves the performance of your phone a lot. The battery is slighty better but still no where near where it used to be. 

Digital Wellbeing = Bad.

profile.country.FI.title
coolaarne
Explorer

I have the compact model and all the issues are on this too. Would be nice to be able to go back to pie, while (if) sony is making a fix...