Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

omoeller
Visitor

XZ2 & Android 10 - 52.1.A.0.532

Just received Andoid upgrade to 10 52.1.A.0.532 - most of the functions seems to work without any hassel. What I recognized is, that the fingerprint reader is responding with a much bigger delay than before - seems to be a high lag time. Anybodey else with same xperience or any other issues?

299 REPLIES 299
Keenjau
Visitor

Still no update, but HK Version always behind (which is a good thing)

https://xpericheck.com/device/H8296

philipm785
Visitor

I got the update too and things appear to be working much better now. It also included the February security patch. Previously, tapping notifications that launch an app would sometimes result in very long delays. This now appears to be working normally. Fingerprint sensor appears more consistent too. So far so good!

Really glad that they seem to have this sorted out better because I still enjoy this phone and find it smooth and (usually) stable after two years of use. 

Keenjau
Visitor

Some say it's only small update most likely only security patch. ?

Dennistran
Visitor

Not at all, this update includes a security patch of Feb 2020 and fix bugs.

Now my phone is working as Pie.

PS: this version size 297MB comparison with previous ~500MB

Areolos22
Visitor

I was receive and update .618.

Everything is better and work like a Pie, except fingerprint. Little better, but it unusable. Sometimes fast, sometime unresponsible. FINGERPRINT is NOT FIXED! 😕 Sony please fix it! I want go back to the Pie. Pie is perfect without bugs.

omoeller
Visitor

Confirmed - did even a complete software recovery - audio, is slightly better, fingerprint has not really improved 😞

Keenjau
Visitor

Stay on Android 9 do NOT update ! ! !

Areolos22
Visitor

Its not solution. Sony did not fix fingerprint issue. I have not patient any more

cryss
Visitor

Can confirm:

No real improvements on fingerprint, nor WhatsApp audio recording, nor on the wifi reconnecting (it got a little better) 

Keenjau
Visitor

Sony should offer an easy downgrade for not so technical knowledge people at this point for XZ2/XZ3 owners.

Problem is, users like myself are stuck on Securitypatch Nov19.

Other than behind on Securitypatch level the phone works flawless.

Also love how the XZ2 feels in hand.