Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 Broken Speaker Issue?

BardofLore
Visitor

XZ2 Broken Speaker Issue?

I've gone through two phones in the last couple of days. My audio will sound ok and then sound like it's blown out. Nothing in Safe Mode has helped me, and my diagnostics test doesn't really solve any problem. This is also from right out of the box. So I don't have any apps that may be affecting it.

35 REPLIES 35
Ryotarumi
Visitor

Hi, which model do you have?  I just received my H8296 (HK) yesterday and it does the same thing.  It's weird because after a factory reset, it was perfectly clear for a couple hours before getting all distorted and muffled again

Jlnjnssn
Visitor

Hello, 

I enjoy using my xz2. Only thing is that my speaker is making a weird crackling. I just found out today, how higher my volume, the louder the crackling sound is. Please help me

dandy63
Leader

@Jlnjnssn is this happening every single time thru different formats ie YouTube etc etc.... how high do you have the volume to to set of the 'crackling' 🤔

Yc6
Visitor

I have the same problem from day one. There's an issue with the speaker. What i have discovered is that if I gently insert the sim slot and not push in too hard in the cracking in the speaker stops. I think needs to take it back to Sony to have it fixed. I bought mine overseas which is really annoying there's no international warranty.

dattitan
Visitor

I also have similar situation with the sound of the machine is very small. Who can solve it?

Not applicable

Send it for repair if you have warranty, I had the same problem with my XZ1 and they changed speakers, after that it was fine

dattitan
Visitor

me was resolve problem with the sim out of the simlock
Jannax
Visitor

Hi. I had the same problem. I sent the teleofn for repair (warranty). It did not help. It is worse. The loudspeaker cracks, and squeaks while talking. I am heartbroken.
JC34
Visitor

I have the same issue, had my XZ2, just over a month & now any volume over 50% is crackling & distorted  - the headphones are crystal clear, so it seems like the speaker is faulty?

I have tried removing & refitting the sim tray, but it seems to make no difference

Is there anything else that I can try? (don't really want to send the phone away (bad previous experience:(