Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 Broken Speaker Issue?

BardofLore
Visitor

XZ2 Broken Speaker Issue?

I've gone through two phones in the last couple of days. My audio will sound ok and then sound like it's blown out. Nothing in Safe Mode has helped me, and my diagnostics test doesn't really solve any problem. This is also from right out of the box. So I don't have any apps that may be affecting it.

35 REPLIES 35
Krl7
Visitor

I have the same problem. What can I do?

And the battery is ver Hot quickly with out use more the Mobile. For example, when the screen is on a out 5 minutes

My XZ2 is bought 2 days ago.

What can I do? 

ElaineYu_HK
Visitor

Have you tear off the plastic seal from the phone's backside?  

I heard that some users did it and solved their speaker problem. (sadly it didn;t work on mine...)

For the battery, reset the phone to factory setting and try again.

If both problem still exist, it's better return the phone to the seller for refund or replacement.

Krl7
Visitor

Thanks for your help

Krl7
Visitor

Last day 3 I acquired the XZ2 in my telephone company.

From the first moment the speaker sounds metallic especially when the audio is loud.
My previous mobile was a Z3 compact and I have never had any problem with the audio or in the highest tones.

Has anyone had any of this happened to you?
Jedj181212
Visitor

Just got phone today and mine is the same. Very disappointing 

Krl7
Visitor

Really??? What will you do? 

JKL31
Visitor

Hi, I'm from Indonesia.

I've just got new XZ2 last week and facing the same problem like you guys.

The broken speaker occurs if I connect to bluetooth earphone. 

After I disconnect the Bluetooth, the speaker is broken. 

But, when I charge my phone and restart it for several times, the speaker is normal. 

Up until today, because I don't connected it with Bluetooth earphone, the speaker is normal. 

I hope this info is userful. 

Thanks

Mikeyk_07
Visitor

@ElaineYu_HK wrote:

Have you tear off the plastic seal from the phone's backside?  

I heard that some users did it and solved their speaker problem. (sadly it didn;t work on mine...)

For the battery, reset the phone to factory setting and try again.

If both problem still exist, it's better return the phone to the seller for refund or replacement.

I done this and it has worked for me so far. I have been in touch with Sony xperia via social media, and was given protocols to do but nothing worked. I thought it was the plastic protector on the front and forgot about the one on the back as I had it in a case. Once see this post, I removed the back one, and helped massively, no tinny distortion. 

Thanks 👍🏼😁

Chris7999
Visitor

I have or had the same issue with my speaker!

After restarting it the crackling of my speaker was gone and I hope that it will never happen again... I'll keep you updated... 

BTW, I have still the plastic protectors on my phone! 

Gallie1
Visitor

I have the xz2, only had it for a month and the bottom speaker is muffled and crakerling is this a common fault with the phone..?