Join now - be part of our community!

Broken back glass e6883

SOLVED
TassM
Visitor

Broken back glass e6883

This phone is a bit fragile.  I had it in my back pocket.  Took a seat and here is the result.

WIN_20151220_08_44_42_Pro.jpgWIN_20151220_08_44_35_Pro.jpg

Does anybody know where I can get a replacement for the back glass?  I love the phone but I really want it fixed. 

Edit:

Just got off the phone with Sony Support, since I am in the USA, sony does not offer any service on this phone.  The glass that is used, is sharp and will cut.  This is definitely not a kid friendly phone and most definitely not to be used as any everyday casual phone.  If you forget it in your back pocket when you sit it will shatter the back glass.  

This is the second sony phone that is destroyed in my pocket in 3 months.  I guess I need to move back to HTC.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Shardlake
Visitor

Do you not have companies / websites that offer gadget insurance in the US? Nothing to do with Phone warranty. It's external insurance for your phone regardless of where you bought it. Well, as long it's from a reputable company and you have proof of purchase.

If I have an issue outwith the company warranty and 14 day return I just put a claim in with my insurance company and they deal with it. Just have to pay the excess. They will send the phone away for repair.

I find it staggering that because a phone is not sold there you have no comeback. The Samsung Note 5 is not readily available here but there is no issue with insuring it and getting it replaced or repaired.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@TassM

Glass will crack, metal will bent if you seat on it, that's normal, more so if the phone's screen its that big as the Xperia Z5 Premium, I understand your frustration but if you bought the phone online perhaps at amazon or ebay you should check the warranty options and/or how to service the phone. 

Shardlake
Visitor

Claim on your insurance assuming you have any. If not why?

Surely you can take it to a service centre and get it repaired. I can't believe Sony won't help just because you're in the US.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Shardlake

You need a bit more context, the phone it's not available here in the USA, therefore there aren't any spare parts, also, the warranty its only available in the country were the phone its bought, otherwise its consider grey market. 

Shardlake
Visitor

Do you not have companies / websites that offer gadget insurance in the US? Nothing to do with Phone warranty. It's external insurance for your phone regardless of where you bought it. Well, as long it's from a reputable company and you have proof of purchase.

If I have an issue outwith the company warranty and 14 day return I just put a claim in with my insurance company and they deal with it. Just have to pay the excess. They will send the phone away for repair.

I find it staggering that because a phone is not sold there you have no comeback. The Samsung Note 5 is not readily available here but there is no issue with insuring it and getting it replaced or repaired.
TassM
Visitor

You answered your previous question. This phone is a model released in Hong Kong. Therefore any authorized service centre had to be performed by those in Hong Kong. Even if I send this to Japan to be service Sony considers it third party which voids the warranty. Of course some this phone is not release in the USA, therefore it has no warranty.

My question was where to obtain a replacement glass to repair it on my own. If there is no replacement them this phone will be unless as I may cut my self using it.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@TassM

Check ebay, make sure to buy the double sided tape