Join now - be part of our community!

Does Z5 support Android Smart Lock? I've turned it on but has no effect

SOLVED
MagicKyle
Visitor

Does Z5 support Android Smart Lock? I've turned it on but has no effect

I've turned "Smart Lock" on in Security Settings according to Google's document «Set up your device for automatic unlock».

1. Settings > Security > Trust agents > Smart Lock(Google) > ON
  2. Settings > Security > Smart Lock > Confirm PIN > Add a trusted bluetooth devices & a trusted face > Turn on "on-body detection"

The document as I've mentioned above figures out that there will be a pulsing circle at the bottom of the screen around the lock icon when I turn screen on after setting up Smart Lock.

But NOTHING happened. The lock screen is the same as before even after restarting my phone.

Why?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MagicKyle
Visitor

Oh. I think I've found the way.

1. Staring at the front camera.
  2. Then lighten the screen.
  3. The lock at the bottom of lockscreen will change into a face at a very short moment. It means your face has been accepted.
  4. Swipe up the lock screen to enter directly.

But still thank you, Gandalf

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

To be able to use smart lock, you need to enable some of the features there like on body detection or trusted devices or so on.

Which one did you choose? For trusted devices, you need some accessories.

Indeed there should be a pulsing circle and the lock should be unlocked so you only need to swipe to unlock the device as long as those accessories are in range.

alexdon
MagicKyle
Visitor

Yep. I've scan my handsome face as trusted face and turn on-body-detection on.

I can see the pulsing circle now and on-body-detection also works. I found that the circle only appears under the circumstance which phone must be locked by itself rather than third party LockScreen apps.

But facial recognition still does not work.

I keep staring at the front camera while the pulsing circle at the bottom of lock screen.

Am I using a wrong unlock method?

MagicKyle
Visitor

Oh. I think I've found the way.

1. Staring at the front camera.
  2. Then lighten the screen.
  3. The lock at the bottom of lockscreen will change into a face at a very short moment. It means your face has been accepted.
  4. Swipe up the lock screen to enter directly.

But still thank you, Gandalf

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Anytime, enjoy your smartphone.

alexdon