Join now - be part of our community!

How to change "my phone number" in Sony XPeria Z1 Compact ?

SOLVED
Kiriill
Visitor

How to change "my phone number" in Sony XPeria Z1 Compact ?

Hi,

who knows how to change "my phone number" in my Xperia Z1 compact?

The current number is not mine, I want to change it.

I can see this phone number in settings: (actually my language is not english so the names in menu could vary because I'm translating them):

Settings => About phone => Common info => My phone number

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johan
Master

If I'm not mistaken "my phone number" is actually a feature that reads what the SIM card provides as "my phone number".
As I understand its not possible to change this in the phone as default, but it may be possible in other phones or by using an application. Or perhaps you network operator can help you change this.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

You could try and edit it from contacts-myself and set as default.

alexdon
Kiriill
Visitor

I think this supposed to be a right place to change "my phone number" but... I think I've got a bug in this feature.

I press "Edit" then I delete old phone number and add a new one, after that I tap "Done", but then old number still remains there. Only now it stands here as an additional, second number.

I can't get rid of it.

I even unlinked my google account from phonebook and turned off any sync. Also I rebooted my device, no result.

Johan
Master

If I'm not mistaken "my phone number" is actually a feature that reads what the SIM card provides as "my phone number".
As I understand its not possible to change this in the phone as default, but it may be possible in other phones or by using an application. Or perhaps you network operator can help you change this.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

It seems that older SE could do that,Johan.And yes,the new ones just read the SIM.

alexdon
Kiriill
Visitor

I guess you're right. The whole thing is in my Sim-card, I'll try to figure out how to modify my number in sim.
Thank you guys for help!

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Anytime.

alexdon
morthren
Visitor

Yes, as stated this can be modified on older SE phones. An Example would be the SE K850i where you would select Contacts > Options > More > Special Numbers > My Numbers. This is where your phone number is stored on your SIM. Once changed, it will show up in your Z1.

Some operators already have this number programmed in the SIM whereas others leave it blank.

I hope this helps. Slightly_smiling_Face

Grateful
Visitor

I tried all ways as above and "number" kept coming back! Even tried to ring number but it gave unobtainable tone
Took phone back to EE SHOP - they could not get rid of it either! I was close to smashing the phone!!! Then I found this forum. I was amazed to find others with same problem! Now I will find another phone to edit out the number from the SIM CARD. THANKS I am grateful
madandy
Visitor

Really helpful hints here; did the same myself with an old Sony Ericsson k800i: works a treat.

Address book: options: special numbers: edit; put in new number, swap SIM card back to Z1; job done!

Another way could be to get a SIM card adaptor off ebay - about £4 - and edit from a PC

Andy