Join now - be part of our community!

How to change "my phone number" in Sony XPeria Z1 Compact ?

SOLVED
Kiriill
Visitor

How to change "my phone number" in Sony XPeria Z1 Compact ?

Hi,

who knows how to change "my phone number" in my Xperia Z1 compact?

The current number is not mine, I want to change it.

I can see this phone number in settings: (actually my language is not english so the names in menu could vary because I'm translating them):

Settings => About phone => Common info => My phone number

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
DhavalDadhania
Visitor

There are two contacts in my phone. First one is the first contact in phone book name - Myself, in which two email Ids are there which can not be edited or deleted. While the second contact name Myself - Dhaval Dadhania in which other contact's whatsapp number is shown. I also cannot editor delete this contact. Please help me. I'm gettion tired of this.

Thank You.

StalkerPicnic
Visitor

I asked EE about this problem after getting my old number transferred over to a new sim. Basically they said that i phones and sony phones do not automatically switch numbers for some unknown reason. They said it may change itself after a while but that it shouldnt affect the functionality of the phone. annoying though. 

profile.country.GB.title
Azzzza97

Morthren, u r an absolute legend. I have just upgraded my Z1 Compact to the Z5 Compact and the sim number and number under myself was wrong. I put my new sim into my very old Sony Ericsson W902 and followed ur instructions and now the number on my new phone are correct. U have made a 'young' lady very happy Slightly_smiling_Face  

Merry Christmas