Join now - be part of our community!

How to disable the "75% of storage is used" warning?

SOLVED
KuhstRidon
Visitor

How to disable the "75% of storage is used" warning?

Hey there,

is there a way to disable this annoying message in Android 5.1.1? In the Storage-App is a checkbox for messages but its greyed out...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@KuhstRidon There was a thread in Z section:

/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-do-I-disable-the-notification-quot-Transfer-data-to-SD-card/m-p/1020922#M6031...

I tried it back on 5.0.2 and it worked. Cannot guarantee it still works now.

alexdon

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Phy
Legend
Legend

You can't disable the message.
KuhstRidon
Visitor

Yeah, i expected an answer like this. Since i upgraded my old Xperia P to the Z5C i have the feeling Sony really wants to get rid of their long term customers. 

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@KuhstRidon

You could start moving music, videos, pictures to the SD card to free up some space. 

KuhstRidon
Visitor

yeah, i could do this, but why do i have 32gb of storage if i can effectively use only 24?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@KuhstRidon

You can use it all up but you will get that warning, and 95% warning, I find it annoying too 

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@KuhstRidon There was a thread in Z section:

/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-do-I-disable-the-notification-quot-Transfer-data-to-SD-card/m-p/1020922#M6031...

I tried it back on 5.0.2 and it worked. Cannot guarantee it still works now.

alexdon
KuhstRidon
Visitor

Nice, i definetly will try this. But since i am not at home for the next two weeks i'll give it a shot next year.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Sure, keep us updated. You can try that whenever you get your hands on a laptop/computer.

alexdon
KuhstRidon
Visitor

I recently had my hands on my dads notebook and got ADB running. After some trouble with the RSA-Key i simply deactivated the message with

adb shell pm hide com.sonymobile.storagechecker

Thank you very much for solving my problem and this little but very sweet christmas gift ;). The knowlede of how to use ADB will be very helpfull in the future.

Have some nice Christmas Days and a happy New Year!

Btw: My Z5C is running on Android 5.1.1