Join now - be part of our community!

Latest software

SOLVED
bala1
Visitor

Latest software

Hey guys! Whts new with Sony latest upgrade for Z1. Pls share the features of 14.6.A.1.236

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
PCDD
Visitor

Xperia Z1 UK
I got the update yesterday
First thing I noticed was that before the update, there was a small 4g on top of the signal strength, which has now disappeared. (I checked, I am still on 4g network)

Before the update battery was at least 10 hours from 100% to 20%, today for the first time I discovered the Z1 beeps to tell you you reached low battery in 5 hours. So I guess battery efficiency is affected, the only new app I installed since the update is Contact + that i will remove to check if that had an incidence.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@PCDD

I would suggest to reinstall the latest update with PCC to smooth things out and improve battery life

software repair using PC Companion

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@PCDD

As for the battery life

We'll need more info to better assist you

charge the phone 100% use it as you normally would then once the battery reaches 10%

settings > power management > battery > take screenshots of:

1. the list

2. tap on the graph and take a screenshot

3. back > tap on the top 4 items on the list > take a screenshot of each 

post them all here or upload the screenshots to box or dropbox or google drive or etc and post the link

PCDD
Visitor

Thank you 

Will do and revert here

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@PCDD

no problem, keep us updated.

PCDD
Visitor

Hi,

First of all thank you again for your help yesterday, much appreciated.

Upon reading what doing a reinstall consisted of, (equivalent to a hard reset i believe, so wiping out all data, etc...) I opted yesterday for several soft resets i.e power button, reboot (often does the trick).

It did not fail and the little 4g on top of the strength of signal icon is back, and the battery lasted a whole day today with still 20% left at 8 pm this evening. This is all I ask of the phone: a full day of work without recharging, Z1 thumbs up.

So to comment on the latest update, process of update was smooth, and phone works well after three or four reboot.

Thank you again

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@PCDD

thanks for reporting back, keep us updated. 

FrontierGate
Contributor

The small app "Browser" has a new icon.  

Still checking to see what else is new.