Join now - be part of our community!

Seach function among apps

SOLVED
Tantalizing1
Visitor

Seach function among apps

Since the latest update I can't search among my apps. The search function in the app menu is gone. It ways there once a few days ago, but I don't know what I did to get it all of a sudden... Any one else have this problem, or know how to solve it?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Try settings-apps-all,tap on 3 dots and reset app preferences.

alexdon
Tantalizing1
Visitor

No, that didn't work...
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Boot in safe mode, does the same occur?

/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

alexdon
Tantalizing1
Visitor

I worked.. And it still works after I restarted it in normal mode... Guess it just needed to be restarted.

The easiest solution is always the best one when it comes to technical applications, "have you tried turning it off and back on again?"
Probably should have tried that before I asked for your help.
Thanks about thob
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Great news.

alexdon
McVitas
Visitor

Strangely suddenly I cannot see the magnifying glass icon in the apps list so I don't know how to search for an app using name. How do I enable it there again?

McVitas
Visitor

So I booted into safe mode and then back to normal and yes the search bar is back there. BUT some things are a bit messed up now! Slightly_frowning_Face A lot of apps were invisible in the app list and there was this red SD card symbol. I checked in settings / storage and SD card was not detected. After about 2 minutes it appeared and the apps started to appear in app list too, BUT a lot of icons and widgets are missing on my main screens 😞 So it seems I will have to set it up again. And I had a resizable sticky notes widget with a bit of text in it which is gone now. Luckily it was not something too important...

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I think those were your apps moved to SD. 

alexdon
McVitas
Visitor

Well obviously Slightly_smiling_Face But why was SD card unavailable for a few minutes? Of course I did not remove it during this.