Join now - be part of our community!

Seach function among apps

SOLVED
Tantalizing1
Visitor

Seach function among apps

Since the latest update I can't search among my apps. The search function in the app menu is gone. It ways there once a few days ago, but I don't know what I did to get it all of a sudden... Any one else have this problem, or know how to solve it?
Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Not sure,but if might be a 3rd party app blocking access to it.

alexdon
McVitas
Visitor

guess what - the search function is gone again! Thinking_Face

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Hampus can you take a look?

alexdon
Hampus
Champion

Hi,

Are you using any task killers or apps that clear cache? If yes, try to remove them to see if it can help. Have you changed your theme? Perhaps you could try to change to a pre-installed Theme (Settings > Personalisation > Themes).

Otherwise, I suggest that you clear data for Xperia Home via Settings > Apps > Swipe to the tab "All" > Xperia Home > Clear data.

Note that, this will reset your home screen to standard (removing your changes).

If you have moved applications to your SD-card and the SD-card is unvailable/removed, it can take a longer time before they will be available again. The phone needs to rescan your SD-card in this case and depending on how much data you have, this can take a longer time.

RohitTech
Visitor

I'm on Lollipop 5.1.1.

Off late I started observing that in App drawer, the Search apps option/icon/function is missing.

I always have to reboot my phone to get it back.

Other than that everything is fine.

I don’t use any third-party app or any task killers.

Nor I use sd card.

Boudy
Visitor

Same problem with me. Search function disappears. I reboot phone, it comes back, but then disappears again after a couple of days... I use an sd card, built in Xperia theme, and no task killers.
If anyone has any input please help. Thank you