Join now - be part of our community!

Should I update to Lollipop?

SOLVED
aarohi
Visitor

Should I update to Lollipop?

Hi,

My mobile is sony xperia Z1 not compact. only Z1. i have heard from my friends that after updating the mobile gets switched off automatically and also unable to answer the calls etc. since i purchased i dint update it is still 4.4.4 version please tell me what i can do. thank u

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@aarohi

no problem, if you experience poor battery life, just reinstall the update again. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@aarohi

does it restart if you remove the SIM and SD cards?

aarohi
Visitor

I dint update it still i m scared to update

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@aarohi

I didn't experienced that on my Z1 

aarohi
Visitor

Ok thanks then i will update my mobile 

thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@aarohi

no problem, if you experience poor battery life, just reinstall the update again. 

Harry_z1
Visitor

@aarohi

If you are happy with current version, and not looking for any particular features in Lollipop then my suggestion is dont update.

In lollipop, Sony has moved the Xloud feature in ClearAudio (or removed it).  For many people, this has reduced the speaker volume very much. I almost need it to full to get reasonable output. Sony do not acknowledge that there is a problem. Keep saying - reinstall.

You can search this forum and you will see many thread about - low speaker volume after lollipop update

Its not that everyone has problem, but I thought I will highlight the risk.

cas27
Visitor

@Harry_z1 wrote:

@aarohi

If you are happy with current version, and not looking for any particular features in Lollipop then my suggestion is dont update.

In lollipop, Sony has moved the Xloud feature in ClearAudio (or removed it).  For many people, this has reduced the speaker volume very much. I almost need it to full to get reasonable output. Sony do not acknowledge that there is a problem. Keep saying - reinstall.

You can search this forum and you will see many thread about - low speaker volume after lollipop update

Its not that everyone has problem, but I thought I will highlight the risk.

Hello

I agree, the sound is still very "poor" and low.

If you give much importance to the volume sound (multimedia) do not update.