Join now - be part of our community!

Sync Facebook photos to phone contacts in Lollipop?

SOLVED
alex_ncfc
Contributor

Sync Facebook photos to phone contacts in Lollipop?

Hi all,

I've yet to update my Z1 Compact to Lollipop 5.1.1 (still on KitKat) - one of the features I am wondering about is do phone contacts sync up with Facebook in Lollipop like they do in KitKat, so, for example, does the contacts photo sync from Facebook to my phone contacts?

I tried the original Lollipop update (5.0) in May and I didn't like it and went back to KitKat - would you recommend the update now? Are there any other caveats I should be aware of? Missing or changed features from KitKat?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert
alex_ncfc
Contributor

Yes @Alexdon that's what I mean.

It looks like the contact sync feature has been removed from the Facebook app, which is crazy, it's been in there for years and years, since I had my Xperia X10 in 2010.

It still works on KitKat which I am on now, but that's because it has Xperia Inside Facebook, which Sony themselves inexplicably removed from Lollipop Slightly_frowning_Face so now neither Facebook nor Sony support a very useful and handy feature.

Kinda reluctant to update to 5.1 because of this, unless it's coming back soon of course.

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I'm sorry to bring bad news. Perhaps you can give some feedback to facebook developers.

alexdon