Join now - be part of our community!

Z1 compact forgot most of its settings and data

SOLVED
ubedoble
Visitor

Z1 compact forgot most of its settings and data

It's almost like a factory reset - my Z1 compact running 5.1.1 forgot most of its settings while sitting in my pocket. When I took it out it wanted to initiate a first-time setup. All installed apps and internal data has gone. Interestingly, some settings were preserved, like language (English UK) and keyboard (German). Also, it does not look like the phone rebooted, uptime is 17 days according to phone info.

When connecting to a PC the phone claims that about 5GB of internal storage are being used, so I'm guessing that the data I had on it is still there. First thing I want to do is use a PC-based recovery software to check what's still left, but I'm unable to turn on USB debugging. Tapping the build number in settings does not enable developer options 😕

So - what are my options? Preferably I would like to un-reset the phone. If that's not possible, I would at least like to recover anything from internal storage.

This is all quite strange

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@ubedoble

Make sure that Guest or other accounts were not enabled, this can easily happen in pockets. Drag the notification menu and find a portrait icon in the top right corner of the menu. Tap on it and make sure that your account (named Owner by default) is activated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

@ubedoble

Make sure that Guest or other accounts were not enabled, this can easily happen in pockets. Drag the notification menu and find a portrait icon in the top right corner of the menu. Tap on it and make sure that your account (named Owner by default) is activated.

ubedoble
Visitor

Thanks, you were right! I was on guest account and did not notice. Seems I am still not used to multiuser Android..

profile.country.US.title
Qatrium
Expert

No problem, it happens Slightly_smiling_Face