Join now - be part of our community!

Z5 compact smart window message received

SOLVED
Yobyttam
Visitor

Z5 compact smart window message received

Hi. I have the smart case which works fine but always shows "message received " even though I have opened all existing messages and have not received a new message.

Please help.

Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Yobyttam
Visitor

Hi. I eventually rebooted the phone and then a picture text came through. That pending message was causing the message received notification. Why the message just hung there without coming through, I have no idea but problem solved for the moment. Thanks x

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Yobyttam

Which messanging app are you using?

Christofer
Champion

Hi @Yobyttam,

Does this only show in the style cover window or on the Messaging app icon as well?

Grubb12
Visitor

I am having the same problem with the Stylecover widget. It always says message recieved. I am using the stock messaging app that came with my Z5C. 

I have tried deleting all the messages and deleting and reinstalling the widget but nothing has worked. 

Yobyttam
Visitor

Hi. I eventually rebooted the phone and then a picture text came through. That pending message was causing the message received notification. Why the message just hung there without coming through, I have no idea but problem solved for the moment. Thanks x
Yobyttam
Visitor

To be clear, I just did a restart to the phone.
Six10
Visitor

I had the same problem and just solved it.  Download Google Messenger app and switch it to your default app.  Scroll through and you will find an unread message that didn't show up in the stock sms app.  This takes care of it.

Christofer
Champion

Glad to hear that you were able to solve the problem @Yobyttam, thanks for telling us!

pivoine
Visitor

Installing the Google Messenger app and making it the default sms-app is exactly what solved this problem for me. Thanks Six10 !