Join now - be part of our community!

Install Windows XP MCE on VGC-RC102 with RAID drives

greg27
Visitor

Install Windows XP MCE on VGC-RC102 with RAID drives

I just bought a VGC-RC102 which came with Windows XP Home. I would like to install Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 on it. I just can't get it to work because of the RAID drives:

I have tried installing the ICH5R RAID drivers downloaded from Intel when prompted (during F6 RAID support) and it still doesn't work. When it gets to the point where you select the drive to install Windows on, there are 4 unrecognised drives (the computer has space for 4 RAID drives). It is not possible to delete a partition or do anything other than exit. After exiting get BSOD "problem caused by the following file: setupp.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

I have tried going into the BIOS as directed by the Intel website. The Intel website instructs one to go to drive configuration menu under the advanced menu, only there is no drive configuation menu present under the advanced tab.

What can I do to get this to work? I just have to have WIndows XP MCE

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Welcome to the forum,
If your systems hardware is not compatable with Windows Media Centre then you would best stick with Vaio Zone. It has a transparent grapical user interface which MCE doesn't anyway and is much the same. I would restore the system the way it was and use Vaio Zone

profile.country.de_DE.title
seb21__
Visitor

Try Media-Portal. Maybe it's an alternative,

http://mediaportal.sourceforge.net/

HTH

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Yeah it's a good app, and so is Myth TV

Tony I want one of those!

greg27
Visitor

Thanks for the replies.

I can happily say that I got XP MCE to install after all:

Rather than pressing F6 during setup (to load RAID controllers), I just left the floppy with the RAID drivers on it in the floppy drive and Windows Setup seemed to install them with no user intervention at all.

I just need to get the drivers for the built in audio to work now and I'm all set.

:slight_smile: