Join now - be part of our community!

.ARW file trouble

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Enna.Bartlett
New

.ARW file trouble

Hiya,

I have just bought a new computer (Dell Inspiron 15R) and have installed PS CS4 again and all the other software I used to have for sorting out my photos.

I have a Sony a100 DSLR. With my old computer I just used to put my memory card into the card reader, copy them across to the computer, open them in PS and I was away. However with my new computer it tells me (every time I put in the memory card) that there are no new photos on the card. If I go into the memory card manually and try and open them through PS that doesn't work either.

The odd thing is though, I can upload all the photos on to my mum's computer, put them on a USB memory stick, put them on my computer and then PS will read them. In the mean time I have done nothing to the files to change them in anyway.

I never had this problem on my old computer and I can't understand what's changed between that one and this one. I did phone up John Lewis (where I bought the computer) and they suggested that I'm missing a codec...which is fine but I have no idea where I would find a codec or what to do with it!!

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I have had this problem in the past myself and it turns out that it was just an update that I needed for my Photoshop itself.

This is a link from their website which is ideally where you will find your download.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

If you cannot find the right update, I would recommend dropping them an email since the program reading would need the right update for RAW support.

Alternatively, if you want to go one step further, think about Adobe Lightroom which is much easier when working with a massive batch of images (if you really want to invest again).

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I have had this problem in the past myself and it turns out that it was just an update that I needed for my Photoshop itself.

This is a link from their website which is ideally where you will find your download.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

If you cannot find the right update, I would recommend dropping them an email since the program reading would need the right update for RAW support.

Alternatively, if you want to go one step further, think about Adobe Lightroom which is much easier when working with a massive batch of images (if you really want to invest again).