Join now - be part of our community!

How to take photo's to look like toy models like the Olympus Epl1?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
JonnySo
Visitor

How to take photo's to look like toy models like the Olympus Epl1?

Really want this to look good but all it is on the sony nex 5 is a dark photo... toy mode really dissapointed me because my friends have a setting that is the same but their toy mode makes my Nex 5 feel like junk in the end of the day?

recommend an update to improve this to make more fun for current users... maybe say the next software update? would be great...

Jonny. :neutral:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Jonny

I'd have to see some examples before I could give you an opinion, but in principle the Sony and Olympus 'toy mode' settings do pretty much the same thing, that is, emulate a 'toy' lens by darkening the corners (vignetting) of the image. I've seen some examples from both systems and (to me) there was very little to choose between them.

If you're getting consistently dark images with this setting it could possibly be to do with lighting; also bear in mind that a very dark subject will not give as dramatic an effect as a bright, evenly-lit one.

Hope this helps.

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi Jonny

I'd have to see some examples before I could give you an opinion, but in principle the Sony and Olympus 'toy mode' settings do pretty much the same thing, that is, emulate a 'toy' lens by darkening the corners (vignetting) of the image. I've seen some examples from both systems and (to me) there was very little to choose between them.

If you're getting consistently dark images with this setting it could possibly be to do with lighting; also bear in mind that a very dark subject will not give as dramatic an effect as a bright, evenly-lit one.

Hope this helps.

Mick